Small Business Relationship Manager - Inside Sales, Vice President - Hybrid
Company: MUFG Union Bank
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client
experience?Discover your opportunity with Union Bank -, a division
of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest
financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we have our clients'
best interest in mind and draw on more than 160 years of experience
to understand their distinct needs to tailor our solutions. We're
part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the
world's most trusted financial group, knowing that trust starts
with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to
achieve your potential.Join Union Bank, where being inspired is
expected and creating results is rewarded.This is a hybrid
position. There are flexible work from home options available. A
member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in
more detail.Job Summary:The Small Business Relationship Manager -
Inside Sales is responsible for independently managing a portfolio
of existing Small Business clients in a central environment.
Manages leads received from online and direct mail channels and
cross-sells those leads with other small business services
including lending, cash management, and merchant services.
Regularly contacts existing customers to fully understand their
businesses, goals, strategies and challenges. Performs ongoing
portfolio management, working with existing clients to present
solutions to meet the client's short- and long-term financial
objectives. Responsible for retention of the portfolio and
generating new product relationships from new and existing Small
Business clients through extensive cross-selling of various banking
products and services. Performs effective financial analysis and
underwriting in the areas of credit, cash flow, and collateral. A
Relationship Manager will manage up to 300 business client
relationships.Management or Supervision: NoMajor
Responsibilities:Client Retention and Cross-Selling
- Generates new product relationships from new and existing Small
Business clients, including but not limited to demand
deposit/operating accounts, cash management and payments services,
Business Loans, Business Lines of Credit, Commercial Real Estate
Loans, and various other banking products and services.
- Receives incoming Retail Small Business client referrals from
assigned Retail Branches and through various online and direct mail
channels to identify opportunities to acquire new business and
deepen household relationships through extensive cross-selling;
which includes referring to Commercial Banking channels, Consumer
Banking, Private Banking, Wealth Management, and other lines of
- Develops and presents effective marketing approaches to client
prospects for new business generation.
- Fosters "One-Team" partnerships with other business lines
ensuring referrals to expand client relationships through targeted
cross-selling satisfy all client financial needs.
- Maintains an active pipeline, which is communicated regularly
to their assigned Retail Branches.
- Effectively uncovers and assesses prospects' needs and
financial status to provide accurate and suitable credit and other
product advice and recommendations.Coordinates with Credit Center
and various product specialists to deliver services to the
client.Portfolio Management, Risk Management, and Client Experience
- Orchestrates and coordinates client needs to ensure the highest
quality of service and maximum financial return for the Bank.
- Coordinates with Credit Center partners and various product
specialists to deliver services to the client.
- Monitors the credit relationship, maintains covenant
compliance, and obtain updated financial information on the
existing loan portfolio.
- Documents and maintains risk-based discussions with borrowers,
recognizes unfavorable trends, and makes appropriate
recommendations to the Credit Executive.
- Completes all KYC, BSA documents accurately and ensures all
customers are compliant with required regulatory documents.
Analyzes business financial data and submits complete credit
packages to the Credit Center for underwriting.
- Clearly communicates the application and credit decision
process; proactively follows up on credit requirements; acts as a
liaison between the Credit Center, other Bank partners and the
client; and provides recommendations about possible appeals of
- Partners with Credit Center associates for credit underwriting,
processing, closing, and portfolio maintenance.
- Negotiates terms, conditions, and pricing with customers to
reach terms that accommodates their needs and is acceptable and
profitable to the bank.Qualifications:Education, Years of
Experience, and Type of Work Experience
- 5+ years of Banking and customer service experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Business / Commercial Lending.
- 5+ years of Business Development experience selling to a broad
range of industries.
- Experience with Cash Management and Trade Finance is
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, or Economics is
preferred.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency in using a Risk-Based and Relationship-Based
- Proven track record of business development.
- Strong credit and underwriting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to both bank
customers and other associates with excellent written and oral
- Ability to handle multiple requests/customers with high
attention to detail.
- Aptitude for reviewing financial statements and proficiency in
accounting.The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed. They are not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so
classified.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse
backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create
opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin,
religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry,
marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability,
medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any
other status of an individual or that individual's associates or
relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or
Keywords: MUFG Union Bank, Tempe , Small Business Relationship Manager - Inside Sales, Vice President - Hybrid, Sales , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!