Tire Technician- First Group
Company: First Group
Posted on: January 19, 2023
$3,000 Sign on Bonus!
Save time and apply now using our quick application!Are you
committed to providing the highest levels of quality service? If
so, First Transit wants you! The Tire Technician performs vehicle
tire maintenance under the supervision of maintenance staff.First
Transit is proud to offer:
- $14.72/HR Starting wage!
- $3,000 Sign on Bonus! (Conditions apply. Offer expires
- Excellent benefits package with paid holidays & vacation,
medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- ASE training and testing materials provided
- Opportunities for Advancement Nationwide! - Advance your career
as Shop Manager, Region Maintenance Manager, or work in First
Transit, & First Vehicle Services divisions across North
- A great work environment!Tire Technician major
- Performs vehicle tire maintenance to First Transit standards.
Included but not limited to : Checks tires for damage and proper
air pressure, and thread depth. Also completes a visual check of
the tires, and lug nut indicators.
- Removes / reinstalls tires / wheels on transit buses and
service vehicles as required..
- Maintains a lean, safe, clean, team work area.
- Performs maintenance of buildings and grounds well maintain
yard cleanliness, and spill clean-ups.
- Moves vehicles between job and work area.
- Uses power, electronic, and hand-held mechanic s tools.
- Communicates professionally with customers and
- Follows all safety standards and guidelines, including but not
limited to: (1) The wearing of safety glasses, (2) The wearing of
steel toed safety shoes, (3) Safety gloves as needed, (4) Proper
- Documents work in company MIS program.
- Performs any other management requests or directives as
requested.Tire Technician requirements:
- High school Diploma or equivalent required
- Technical or vocational training preferred
- May participate in ASE testing program
- 1+ years hands-on maintenance experience or vocational training
- Valid driver s license
- Must possess minimum tool set
- Subject to DOT drug testing. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does
not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for
any reason.Apply today to join our team!First Transit is a leading
provider of transportation contract and management services, moving
more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs
more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through
fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail
operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, & Puerto
Rico. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service,
First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the
industry.We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We
strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For
candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles
California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Group, Tempe , Tire Technician- First Group, Professions , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!