Behavior Technician - Full Time Center Based, Benefits Provided
Company: Centria Healthcare
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Life Skills Autism Academy is looking for exceptional behavior
technicians! Candidates must hold and maintain current
certification as a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) as issued
by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) or be willing to
complete a 40 hour training course and sit for their RBT competency
exam within 45 days of employment. Registered Behavior Technicians
help the development of children who are on the Autism Spectrum by
providing ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) Therapy in a 1:1 setting
under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst. This
therapy is used to increase critical developmental skills such as
language and communication, social, and school readiness
Must live within 15-20 miles of center address --> 8260 S Hardy
Dr Tempe, AZ 85284
Behavior Technician job responsibilities include:
Provide direct client care in 1:1 and group settings utilizing a
combination of intensive teaching and natural environment
- Follow the prescribed behavioral skill acquisition and behavior
reduction protocols as outlined in client's individualized
treatment plan built by BCBA/BC.
- Collect, record, and summarize data on observable client
- Assist with parent and caregiver training in line with the
client's individualized treatment and behavior reduction
- Ensure documentation is completed on time and following
- Effectively communicate with parents and caregivers regarding
client progress as instructed by BCBA/BC.
- Utilize safe and appropriate procedures when working with
clients and appropriately report all critical incidents and safety
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work and therapy
- Assist BCBA/BC in preparation of client materials, behavior
reduction assessments, and skills acquisition.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge:
- If extended an offer, must be willing to participate in the
company's background check process.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma of GED is required.
- Must have reliable transportation and in some cases, proof of
driver's license and valid car insurance.
- Need to be at least 18 years of age.
- Willing to obtain CPR and First Aid certification along with a
TB test if you had not had one in the past year.
- Must be able to physically perform this job, including getting
down on the floor and standing up many times, lifting up to 50lbs
and the ability to run/move quickly if required to do so for the
interaction with and safety and protection of the children with
whom you work.
- Need to be very reliable and able to show up for each scheduled
- Must always be professional in terms of both presentation and
- Need to have patience to help keep our clients on
- Able to maintain emotional control even if client acting out
physically or verbally.
- A positive attitude and drive to help a child acquire new
skills is a must.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to do repetitive things
in a precise manner.
- Ability to follow and carry out detailed instructions.
- Strong understanding of technology to be able to record data on
a mobile device and navigate digital applications.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong cultural competency with ability to remain flexible and
Additional qualifications (not required):
- Experience working as a: Behavioral Technician, Working in some
capacity with children with autism or other learning disabilities,
Teacher's Aid, Tutor, CNA, Caregiver or Home Health Aide
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, Veteran status, or disability status. This job description
is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills,
efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated
with the position. Centria reserves the right to amend this job
description at any time, with or without written notice.
Keywords: Centria Healthcare, Tempe , Behavior Technician - Full Time Center Based, Benefits Provided, Professions , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!