Bank Credit Risk Analyst Lead (Experienced),Consumer Lending
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Purpose of JobAbout USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
We are seeking a talented Bank Credit Risk Analyst Lead to join our
team. This person will work in a Hybrid setting and will therefore
need to be within a
commutable distance to one of our USAA facilities.
Hybrid schedules available for our San Antonio TX, Plano TX,
Charlotte NC, Phoenix AZ, Colorado Springs CO, or Tampa FL
Uses quantitative methods to identify credit risk, develop and
deliver credit strategies, and monitor credit performance for
consumer credit portfolios to optimize profitable growth within
risk appetite. Owns and drives mitigation of operational and
compliance risk inherent in credit strategy. Tracks and monitors
internal and external factors impacting credit strategy performance
for bank portfolio productJob RequirementsTasks:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled. -
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Leverages, applies and shares industry leading practices and
analytical skills to identify risks and opportunities within the
managed portfolio and translates results into strategic solutions
with the delivery of credit risk strategies.
- Leverages banking product knowledge and critical thinking
skills to lead analyses, identify root causes, and develop clear
and concise recommendations to drive credit risk strategy
development and influence senior decision makers.
- Leads and partners to deliver Bank credit risk strategies
across lines of defense by effectively developing and improving
complex analytical frameworks, analyzing data and processes, and
clearly communicating insights/recommendations to key stakeholders
and senior leadership.
- Leads the analysis of internal and external scores/data for use
in identifying first party fraud.
- Leverages industry knowledge and competitive benchmarking to
lead, inform, and influence credit strategy development.
- Proactively Identifies the need for and leads development of
advanced and nuanced quantitative analysis based upon internal and
external data sources to bring structure and clarity to ambiguous
and challenging problems.
- Responsible for the development, management, and presentation
of comprehensive risk and financial reporting in support of senior
management and committee oversight of existing and emerging risks
and escalates the quality and direction of credit performance to
appropriate levels of management.
- Leads the design and execution of complex financial risk
- Leads the creation and management of credit strategy
infrastructure and ensures credit strategies are implemented as
- Applies expert programming and analytical techniques to analyze
- Provides thought leadership, coaching, and mentoring to team
members regarding analytics and risk management.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to guide & facilitate teams
in the development and implementation of key initiatives.
- Leads and coaches' team to develop analytically derived
insights and the lead to strategic plans with significant impact to
- Coaches and mentors' other analysts and act as a thought leader
within the analyst community.
- May have model ownership responsibilities and drive
accountability for quantitative model requirement definition and/or
implementation of advanced credit and/or financial modeling
infrastructure.Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 years of related experience (in addition
to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in
lieu of degree.
- 8 years of experience in an analytical field or work focused on
leading analytical projects, advanced analytics, and risk
assessments or leading the analysis and interpretation of complex
bank credit risk data to align to team strategy; OR an advanced
degree in Business Management, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or
in a Mathematical discipline and 6 years of experience in an
analytical field or work focused on leading analytical projects,
advanced analytics, and risk assessments or leading the analysis
and interpretation of complex bank credit risk data to align to
- Strong understanding of banking regulations, risk and/or
- Advanced presentation and communication skills.
- Advanced business acumen and attention to detail and
- Advanced research and investigation skills and demonstrated
good judgement in problem solving.
- Experience influencing cross functional stakeholders to action
by communicating complex analytical insights and risk mitigating
- Experience developing and improving a variety of risk related
- Experience coaching and guiding peers on analytics, and/or risk
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly
Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- -Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools including skills to
develop analysis queries and procedures in SQL, SAS, or other
business intelligence and analysis software applications for data
segmentation, aggregation, and statistics (E.g., SPS or Visual
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, regulations, and applicable
guidance to include: FCRA, Reg B, UDAAP/UDAP, OCC Heightened
Standards, OCC CREDIT RISK GUIDANEPreferred Experience:
- Experience with SAS, Tableau, R, Python and/or other
- Experience with variable analysis and risk segmentation
- Experience working with transactional level data for Deposit
products or Credit products
- Experience in developing quantitative risk rules
- Experience in developing risk strategies for Credit Card
Account Management or Account Originations
- Experience at large or complex bank/financial institutions
- Experience with communicating and presenting sophisticated
concepts to executive leadershipThe above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the
job.Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $117,600-$211,700*.Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium will be
addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit Relocation
assistance is available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Tempe , Bank Credit Risk Analyst Lead (Experienced),Consumer Lending, Professions , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!