Entry Level Home Production Assembler
Company: Cavco Industries
Posted on: May 12, 2022
We are looking forhome production team membersto join us at the
new Cavco Park Models & Cabins Park Aldea plant in Glendale,
Arizona!New Plant Fast Facts
- Brand New Building and Facilities
- Climate Controlled Indoor Manufacturing
- State of the Art Tools and Equipment
- On-Site Lunchroom with Micro-Market, Fresh Food, Snacks &
- Personal Storage LockersWhat We BuildWe are a national leader
in the design, production and installation of park models, cabins
and specialty products.Thank you for your interest in joining us at
the New Cavco Park Aldea Plant in Glendale, AZ!Factory LocationThe
New Cavco Park Models & Cabins plant is located in the Park Aldea
Industrial Park in Glendale, Arizona across from the State Farm
Stadium and Westgate Shopping CenterDescriptionABOUT THE
ROLEProduction employees build the industry leading homes and
components for each of our unique Cavco brands. Production
employees follow specified engineering and safety processes that
maximize the efficient manufacturing and construction of
high-quality products for our customers.Line assemblers follow work
orders and instructions in order to accurately and efficiently
prepare and assemble building components based on assigned
production area (construction worker, welder, electrician,
drywaller, painter, forklift operator, stocker, etc.). The line
assembler works independently executing specific process steps
under continuous quality review and coaching as needed. Technician
line assemblers are entry level employees undergoing training or
development and generally have 0-12 months of experience in the
position.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works in a safe manner following all safety policies while
performing job duties.
- Maintains open communication with supervisor regarding safety
concerns and assembly of building components.
- Follows work orders and instructions in order to accurately and
efficiently prepare and assemble building components based on
assigned production area (construction worker, welder, electrician,
drywaller, painter, forklift operator, stocker, etc.).
- Some of the specific responsibilities for the various
production areas include but are not limited to:
- Construction Worker and Welder- Preparation and assembly of
various building components and materials.
- Electrician - Prepare framing for wiring and install wiring,
receptacles, pull down bars, fasteners, leno sheets, and breaker
- Drywaller Tape drywall seams, mix and apply mud to taped
drywall seams, apply vapor barrier and texturing material using
spray gun, apply texturing design, and clean and maintain
- Painter Erect scaffolding or set up ladders to perform tasks
above ground level, remove any exposed fixtures and/or additional
items in work area prior to performing work, prepare surfaces for
painting, hand sand as needed, apply coats of paint, varnish,
stain, enamel or lacquer.
- Forklift operator Keep forklift operating by following
operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining
supplies, performing preventative maintenance, and calling for
repairs; Retrieves supplies and materials, secures pallets on
truck, moves pallet to production location.
- Stocker - Keep work area safe by promptly handling any spills
and removing and properly disposing of any trash such as plastic
wrap, plastic ties, pieces of wood or any other debris; Move
pallets and materials to designated areas; Break down vendor
pallets and separates products for different departments; Assist
other employees or vendors with loading and off-loading materials
- May be cross trained across various line assembler duties to
ensure job knowledge progression and a balanced work force.
- Meets weekly production goals per assigned production
supervisor or team lead.
- Maintains a good attendance record and proactively communicates
and coordinates with supervisors regarding attendance.
- Maintains and keeps tools, machinery, and work area clean and
- Performs various other job duties as assigned and
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- This is a physically demanding job requiring the ability to
lift 40+ pounds, to grip, work over head, pull at chest height,
bend, stand, walk, kneel, crawl, push, pull, reach, climb and carry
various materials and equipment.
- High school diploma and experience in one or more of the
relevant production areas is preferred (construction, welder,
electrician, drywaller, painter, forklift operator, stocker).
- Realizing the technician line assembler is an entry level
training role, preferred qualifications by production area include:
- Construction worker, Drywaller, and Stocker Construction or
warehouse experience preferred along with skill in the operation
and control of hand tools (tape measure, hammer, utility knife,
etc.) and power tools (circular saws, table saws, drills,
- Welder 1-2 years of welding experience highly preferred.
Electrician - Knowledge of electrical circuits, wiring, electrical
construction and operating principles of motors.
- Painter - 1-2 years of painting experience preferred with
knowledge of commercial painting equipment and techniques.
- Forklift operator - 1-2 years of experience operating a
forklift in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to work in a team, to be trained, and take
- Flexible to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Not afraid to get dirty and handle tools/equipment daily.Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Cavco Industries, Tempe , Entry Level Home Production Assembler, Professions , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!