Company: Benchmark Electronics
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Benchmark provides comprehensive solutions across the entire
product lifecycle; leading through its innovative technology and
engineering design services, leveraging its optimized global supply
chain, and delivering world-class manufacturing services. The
industries we serve include: commercial aerospace, defense,
advanced computing, next generation telecommunications, complex
industrials, medical, and semiconductor capital equipment.
Procures production, equipment and MRO materials necessary for the
operation of the business. Performs other assignments related to
the procurement and management of materials from suppliers.
Responsible for negotiating with approved vendors, assuring the
timeliness of deliveries and accuracy of orders, and following up
with vendors when there is a problem with delivery.
* Analyzes customer purchase orders for compliance to BHE or
customer's contract terms
* Analyzes, and executes Materials Requirement Plan (MRP) on weekly
* Continuously monitors and verifies materials pipeline to ensure
it meets the MRP requirements. Identify and appropriately address
materials supply issues.
* Responsible for attaining inventory goals for assigned customers
* Ensures materials availability to support production per the
Master Production Schedule through MRP execution, on-time delivery,
and coordination of materials movement through receiving to
* Executes and maximizes negotiated terms with suppliers to reduce
materials liability and overall procurement cost including freight
and payment terms.
* Executes corporate contracts and ensures suppliers' adherence to
* Maintains integrity of data to minimize material liability and to
optimize working capital.
* Monitors and continuously strives to improve supplier's delivery
and quality performance.
* Addresses and resolves recurring or critical issues by utilizing
corrective action tools, and coordination with corporate
* Request and analyze quotations concerning items that meet company
design and specification and check for reasonableness of price on
* Analyze potential impact of forecast and production schedule
changes on component procurement.
* Develop, document and maintain supply chain solutions and
programs to drive efficiencies, flexibility and cost reductions
(i.e. Kanban, safety stock, VMI, EDI).
* In depth knowledge of Material Resource Planning (MRP)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Effective interpersonal skills
* Effective multitasking skills and the ability to take on
additional responsibilities as required
* Effective organization and prioritization skills
* Demonstrate high attention to detail
* Ability to work with diverse groups
* Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, independent judgment
* Self-driven and motivated individual
* Understanding of and ability to use continuous improvement
* Strong customer service and client focus
* Working knowledge Microsoft Office products
* APICS Certification (CSCP/CPIM) is a plus.
* Understanding of the extended process of material procurement,
* Knowledge of purchasing practices and familiarity with, or
ability to gain familiarity with, procurement requirements for
electronics and related agreements.
* Flexibility to support global business operation as needed
* Effective negotiation and problem solving skills.
* Demonstrate confidentiality and the ability to represent the
company in a professional manner.
* Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment when
representing the company in supply chain decisions.
* Knowledge of billing practices and controls.
* Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience
with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree.
Geographical Location: Arizona:Tempe
Physical Location: Tempe, AZ - Southern Ave
Shift: Shift 1
Work Schedule: M-F 0800-1700
Keywords: Benchmark Electronics, Tempe , Buyer III, Professions , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!