Company: First Transit
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Are you committed to providing the highest levels of quality
service? If so, First Transit wants you! -The -Tire Technician
-performs vehicle tire maintenance under the supervision of
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $13.30/HR Starting wage!
- $1,000 Sign on bonus!*
- Excellent benefits package with paid holidays & vacation,
medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings
- ASE training and testing materials provided
- Opportunities for Advancement Nationwide! - Advance your career
as Shop Manager, Region Maintenance Manager, or work in our
Greyhound, First Transit, & First Vehicle Services divisions across
North America! -
- A great work environment!
Tire Technician major responsibilities:
- Performs vehicle tire maintenance to FirstGroup standards.
Included but not limited to : Checks tires for damage and proper
air pressure, and thread depth. Also completes a visual check of
the tires, and lug nut indicators.
- Removes / reinstalls tires / wheels on transit buses and
service vehicles as required..
- Maintains a lean, safe, clean, -team - work area.
- Performs maintenance of buildings and grounds well maintain
yard cleanliness, and spill clean-ups.
- Moves vehicles between job and work area.
- Uses power, electronic, and hand-held mechanic 's
- Communicates professionally with customers and
- Follows all safety standards and guidelines, including but not
limited to: (1) The wearing of safety glasses, (2) The wearing of
steel toed safety shoes, (3) Safety gloves as needed, (4) Proper
- Documents work in company MIS program.
- Performs any other management requests or directives as
Tire Technician requirements:
- High school Diploma or equivalent required
- Technical or vocational training preferred
- May participate in ASE testing program
- 1+ years hands-on maintenance experience or vocational training
- Valid driver 's license
- Must possess minimum tool set
Apply today to join our team!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and
management services, moving more than 350 million passengers
annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit
professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport
shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in
the US, Canada, & Puerto Rico. With a dedication to safety and
outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from
other providers in the industry.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive
to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
First will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
*Conditions apply. Offer expires 3/31/22.
Keywords: First Transit, Tempe , Tire Technician, Professions , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!