Estimator Structured Cable
Company: Integrated Electrical Services, Inc.
Posted on: January 12, 2022
The Estimator is the person who supports the sales and projects
staff in developing designs, and engineering solutions, for sales
opportunities, keeps the estimates accurate, and information up to
date. The Estimator also assists in the day-to-day sales and
project activities of the Company.
Structured cable with security experience will be required.
General Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide complete project engineering, selection of applicable
materials, and estimating labor. Write scope of work and develop
cost estimate in response to bid specifications.
* Assist the sales organization by attending site-walk and pre-bid
meetings. Track all site visits and keep detailed information about
the site conditions for use in the development of an accurate cost
* Act as liaison between and meet with sales, project management,
and operations when the project is turned over for installation.
Monitor that the sales price and actual installation costs
* Follow company guidelines on the preferred selection of vendors
and products. Work with vendors to obtain the best solution, most
competitive price, and proper lead-time on materials.
* Provide accurate takeoffs and cost estimate per Company's
recommended solutions book and technical support personnel.
* Ensure that all estimating work meets the customer and company
quality and safety level always.
* Attend training and review sessions on technical requirements per
the company's training guidelines.
* Meet bid schedules and deadlines, working within a very strict
* Attend and complete job turnover meetings as required to cover
all details and expectations of the project as they were
Other responsibilities as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, able to help
create, develop, and implement project process improvement(s).
* Must promote the company culture and mission to all employees,
vendors, clients, and business partners.
* Must possess proven problem-solving skills, critical thinking
skills, and the ability to effectively read, write, and give oral
* Must have proven high skill level to interpret blueprints and
other project documents, including but not limited to,
specifications, reporting, and quality requirements.
* Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or
regional territory as needed.
* Must be able to manage multiple projects/estimates and present a
high level of organization.
* Regular attendance is mandatory
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
* HS Diploma or GED required. Associate degree or bachelor's degree
* Minimum of one (1) year of experience in customer interface, such
as liaison between the customer and the company.
* RCDD preferred, but not required.
* Structured Cabling, industry experience preferred.
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, MS Project).
* Must meet company minimum driving standards.
* Must have the proven ability to design, engineer, estimate, and
develop a written and graphic representation of the company's
proposed solutions utilizing the software resources provided by the
Minimum Years of Experience
IES is a national provider of industrial products and
infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including
electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for
the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy
markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As
of the end of IES's 2020 fiscal year ending September 30, 2020, IES
produced over $1.19 billion in revenue and employed over 5000
employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United States.
IES is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minorities,
Females. Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Individuals with
Disabilities, Protected Veterans Encouraged to Apply.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to
housing developments, our employees and design professionals
design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
* Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
* Safety is Priority One - and our record shows it
* Competitive Pay
* Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
* Company Paid Time Off
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term
* Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
* Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal
and Pet Coverage
* Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS. NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited
agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented
to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between
that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become
the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits
discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with
disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or
characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring,
transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and
all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that
retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding
possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is
also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the
employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and
protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to
support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent
with company policy and the company's obligations as a contractor
to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. "EEO
is the Law" poster - "EEO is the Law" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES
provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by
Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era
Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need
accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES
corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request
IES Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work
Keywords: Integrated Electrical Services, Inc., Tempe , Estimator Structured Cable, Professions , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!