Company: The Scion Group
Posted on: January 10, 2022
We're hiring immediately!Your OpportunityScion is paving a path
in student living and the Facilities Supervisor is a keystone team
member in the execution of our vision. This position ensures safety
and functionality of the property's buildings and equipment and
ensures optimal service is carried out by the onsite Facilities
team and any third-party vendors.The Facilities Supervisor is a
subject matter expert and experienced leader who excels in a
fast-paced, agile, collegiate environment. This role demands
superior problem solving, leadership and unwavering follow through.
Those in the Facilities Supervisor position may also be asked to
assist other properties.Your Benefits
- FLSA Status Exempt
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k Matching
- Paid Maternity LeaveYour Responsibilities
- Manage all building services and preventative maintenance
programs to the best of industries practices, the Scion's Standard
Operating Procedures, and in compliance with the State/Federal
- Supervise the day-to-day operations including but not limited
to heating, ventilating, air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing and
piping, fire protection, and general building maintenance and
troubleshooting, building automation systems and building
- Monitor systems and provides diagnostics, preventative
maintenance, annual testing, permitting, certification for all
major building systems including, but not limited to: chilled water
systems with fan coil units, air handling units with outside
condensers including roof top units (RTU), building stationary
boilers, hot & cold water distribution systems (plumbing,
pressure/pneumatic/storage tanks, variable frequency drive (and
pumps & motors), domestic hot water heaters, building automation
systems (BAS), electrical distribution systems, switchgears and
controls, generators, uninterrupted Power supply (UPS), elevators
and lifts, parking structures (ventilation/drainage Systems,
T-Joints), entrance & exit Gates and overhead doors,
shingled/tarred roof, TPO membrane roofing system, EIFS, brick,
vinyl, & cementitious sideboard, ACP, curtain walls, insulated
glass units (IGUs).
- Operate and manage all life safety systems including fire
pumps, fire alarm monitoring panels, dry/wet sprinkler systems,
visual and audible alarms, back flow preventers, smoke detectors,
CO2 sensors/alarms, fire extinguishers, emergency lighting, means
of egress, fire dampers.
- Prioritize and schedule maintenance work, assuring quality of
work consistent with Scion's standards.
- Manage the Facilities Technicians to ensure all service
requests are completed within Scion standards and are appropriately
and accurately documented.
- Manage facilities budgets, using appropriate business
- Review completed work to verify conformance to standards or
- Ensure all emergency, routine maintenance/repairs are carried
out in a timely and professional manner.
- Respond promptly and effectively to all
safety/risk-management-related issues at the property.
- Review completed work orders for accuracy of labor hours,
materials' cost, and track recurring equipment failures.
- Conduct regular inspection tours of buildings, interior common
areas and the exterior of the property, equipment and surrounding
grounds for deficiencies, potential safety, health, or code
problems and necessary repairs.
- Prepare written reports summarizing findings, and advises other
building users as appropriate, of the findings.
- Provide recommendations for dealing with problems noticed in
- Oversee and supervise "Turn" preparation including the prompt
inspection of vacated units, makes appropriate repairs and charges,
and ensures completion as scheduled.
- Inspect vacant units after repairs and maintenance have been
completed to determine quality of work performed and readiness for
- Manage the maintenance spare parts and the tools inventory,
determining which parts/tools to stock and their stock level and
working directly with General Manager to maintain inventory of
parts, tools, and supplies within budget.
- Maintain shop appearance and all mechanical, supply, electrical
and storage facilities on site.
- Ensure proper maintenance of equipment to ensure warranty
compliance and extended useful life.
- Oversee all other contracted work in the building, obtaining
bids and negotiating prices with vendors and contractors, as
approved by the General Manager or the Regional Manager.
- Coordinate deliveries, schedules, and performance of all
facility related vendors.
- Ensure proper safety procedures are followed, personal
protective equipment is used, and health & safety policies are
- Manage process for keying and coring/coding of locks and
maintain lock procedures, logbooks and protocols for key management
- Effectively implement standard operating procedures and
preventive maintenance programs according to Scion's
- Take part in emergency preparedness planning and acts as
essential personnel in emergencies.
- Escalate unique or urgent repairs/replacements to General
Manager and Regional Facilities Manager.
- Maintain records on all major systems including maintenance
manuals, manufacturer's cut sheets, warranties, and equipment
- Work closely with the General Manager and Regional Facilities
Manager to manage, formulate and track facilities and capital
- Hire, train and develop Facilities team members, holding them
accountable for delivering a high level of service.The activities
listed above may not be all inclusive.What We Require
- High school diploma/GED, trade school diploma, or military
- 5 years of relevant experience managing building system in
multi-unit residential properties, 2 years of supervisory
- 2 years' experience with building automation systems, and life
- EPA 608 Universal certification
- HVAC/EPA 608 Universal certification
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO), or intention to obtain within
- Expertise in plumbing, HVAC, electrical and mechanical systems
as well as generally accepted maintenance practices
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as design
drawings, blueprints, safety guidelines, operating and maintenance
instructions and procedural manuals
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set
priorities and meet deadlines
- Basic computer working knowledge, including Microsoft Office
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to stand 8 hours or longer per day and lift up to 100
lbs. as necessaryOperational Details
- Job location is at the assigned property. May be required to
- Serves in an "on-call" capacity, except during approved PTO
periods.The Scion Group LLC provides equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard
to race, religion, creed, national origin, color, gender, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, physical or
mental disability (as long as the employee/applicant is otherwise
qualified for the job with or without a reasonable accommodation),
genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, marital status, uniformed
service, veteran status, pregnancy or other legally protected
status or category under federal or state law. The Scion Group LLC
complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in all locations in which the
Company has properties. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence,
compensation, training and other terms and conditions of
employment. The Scion Group LLC is committed to the principles of
equal employment opportunities.IND1 #wearehiring #werehiring
Maintenance Supervisor / Facilities Supervisor / Maintenance
Keywords: The Scion Group, Tempe , Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!