Lead Business / Data Quality Analyst (Financial Crimes)
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count? Discover
your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the
5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P
Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we---re 13,000 colleagues,
striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and
community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive
relationships built on integrity and respect. It---s part of our
culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and
collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We---re a
team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough
questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to
make your voice heard and your actions count.Lead Business / Data
Quality Analyst (Financial Crimes)
Position will support ongoing and upcoming Financial Crimes DQ
projects. The position is for a senior Business Analyst having
experience with Financial Crimes processes, applications, data
flows and associated Data Quality controls. Financial Crimes covers
--- Transaction Monitoring, Sanctions Screening for Transactions,
Trade Finance and Customers, KYC --- Customer Due Diligence and
Enhanced Due Diligence. Maintaining and managing a robust Financial
Crimes processes, associated applications and underlying data
quality controls are not only regulatory expectations but
commitment as part of the various Consent Order, MRAs and MRIAs
issued by the regulators like OCC, FRB, etc.
- Act as the FCOA DQ representative / lead between the FCDO,
OCDO, OTA DQ IT, and other project teams for the assigned FCOA DQ
projects starting with planning thru execution and concluding with
- Facilitate the OCDO EDQ Data Integrity and Comprehensiveness
controls vision by working with the teams to analyze / profile
data, development and implementation of the Data Quality rules in
- Coordination and interacting with technical and business groups
within the department.
- Participate and contribute to data source identification
(lineage), data mapping, functional design and detail design.
- Build and promote a sustainable DQ controls configuration,
anomaly identification, and logging model.
- Support Root Cause Analysis / investigation activities and
document results and work with the development team for required
IDQ rule refinements with support from source system SMEs and
- Execute initiatives based on this vision and ensure adherence
to enterprise data standards, quality, and monitoring
- Support the Business Lines Data Quality assessment needs.
- Ensure data sourcing best practices, straight-through data
sourcing approach meets SLA
- Educate business and strategic partners on the value of Data
Quality assessment, remediation and maintenance.
- Develop workflows and process flows for Data Integrity and
Comprehensiveness DQ controls sustainability.
- Assist Business Data Stewards and Business Process Owners to
achieve Data Quality & Monitoring goals.
- Participate and support project documentation reviews including
BRD, FDD, DDD and testing activities at all levels to include
(reviews of test plans, test cases and test scripts), triage and
support fixes as necessary.
- Identify gaps between current capabilities and new
requirements, document design improvements, etc.
- Strong hands-on experience with Business Analysis and
supporting Financial Crimes processes, understanding of data
profiling and experience with SQL querying is required
- 5+ years of Data Quality Management, Identification of KDEs,
reviewing applicability of DQ Rules for Financial Crimes, Analyzing
scorecards and metrics. Interpreting results and working with the
Stakeholders to build out remediation plans.
- 5+ years of experience in working with technology teams and
review of design against the requirements for implementing Data
Quality rules and Dashboards using Visualization tooling.
- 5+ years of experience with database querying, analytics and
Business Intelligence Reporting
- Validated ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects
and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a
member of various projects and teams
- Capacity to identify and understand business needs and
translate into technical requirement solutions
- Validated analytical and problem solving skills for assessment
/ root cause documentation of DQ failures and ability to
recommend/implement effective solutions
- Banking/Financial Services experience is strongly desired
- Experience in implementing the data quality controls for
Financial Crimes (BSA/AML/OFAC) compliance is strongly
- Must be able to perform well in high pressure,
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and
skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds,
perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create
opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not
discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as
the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of
violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment
decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire
into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made.
Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have
been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain
Keywords: MUFG, Tempe , Lead Business / Data Quality Analyst (Financial Crimes), Professions , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!