Fund Administration - Senior Tax Analyst
Company: Northern Trust
Posted on: September 14, 2020
About Northern Trust: Northern Trust provides innovative
financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and
affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of
financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the
world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and
exceptional service. Working with Us: As a Northern Trust partner,
you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture,
which has a strong history of financial strength and stability.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are
accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is
committed to strengthening the communities we serve! We recognize
the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in
experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for
Diversity in 2018. We'd love to learn more about how your interests
and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired
and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
- Senior Tax Accountant is responsible for the preparation and/or
review of tax provisions including determination and documentation
of Funds' compliance with the requirements of Subchapter M of the
Internal Revenue Code. Duties include calculation and/or review of
related tax disclosures required in fund shareholder reports.
Senior Tax Accountant is also responsible for review of Funds'
income tax and excise tax returns and supporting work papers.
Additional duties include assisting in the preparation of various
compliance and/or management reports. Senior Tax Accountant will
interface with the Funds' independent auditors and their tax
associates as well as other departments within Northern including
but not limited to: portfolio managers, legal, those individuals
responsible for setting fund dividends and the other Fund
Administration groups. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Training and oversight of Staff and Interns.
- Detailed review of tax schedules and reports prepared by the
Staff and Interns. OTHER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The
following duties are generally representative of the nature and
level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- Analyze Fund portfolios to identify issues arising from various
investment strategies including: tax straddles, tax hedges, and
written covered calls.
- Prepare and/or supervise preparation of income and excise tax
- Prepare and/or supervise preparation of tax provisions and
footnote disclosure for approximately 100 regulated investment
- Assist in ascertaining that each of the funds complies with the
provisions of Subchapter M of the Internal Revenue Code. SECONDARY:
- Support filing of Federal and State tax returns and
- Prepare certain management reports for the investment company
- Participate in research and problem solving as issues
- Assist in determining year-end income and capital gain
- Assist in reviewing data required to be disclosed on Form 1099
and other year end shareholder literature. QUALIFICATIONS: To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5 years of experience in the accounting/financial
administration aspects of mutual funds.
- Knowledge of tax principles and policies applicable to mutual
funds and securities in which they invest preferred.
- Compliance and technical tax research skills, including
practical application of tax law/findings preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Adaptability and flexibility to work flow.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced
- Flexibility to work additional hours during peak business
periods. MATHEMATICAL/ANALYTICAL/REASONING SKILLS:
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must understand or quickly learn the tax issues associated with
a broad range of investments which may include: municipal bonds,
common stocks, preferred securities, convertible securities, REITS,
corporate debt, passive foreign investment companies (PFICs), high
yield debt, and various derivatives.
- Problem solver.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize competing priorities to meet
deadlines. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- NONE required For further information, and to apply, please
visit our website via the "Apply" button below.
Keywords: Northern Trust, Tempe , Fund Administration - Senior Tax Analyst, Professions , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!