Tax Operations & UCP Analyst
Company: MUFG in the Americas
Posted on: March 27, 2020
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
(MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by
S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000
colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client,
organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values,
developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect.
It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and
diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and
agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by
asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and
be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
MUFG is looking for an ambitious Operations-oriented,
technical-minded, Tax and Escheatment Analyst to join our talented
team in our Tempe, Arizona Corporate Office. The role will report
into the Vice President, responsible for Client Reporting
Operations. The Analyst will join our Tax and Unclaimed Property
(UCP) Operations teams with a focus on tax documentation, tax
withholding/deposits, Tax Reporting escheatment of funds, state
reporting, safe box compliance, Service Member Civil Relief Act
(SCRA) requirements, process improvements, audit defense and other
peripherally related functions and initiatives.
- Tax form validation including W-9/W-8 forms, as well as other
- Annual W-8 recertification or remediation.
- Daily tax withholding analysis and reconciliation, including
FATCA, NRA, and Backup.
- Maintenance of reporting obligations, submission deadlines, and
- Communicate with account representatives to resolve withholding
and/or reporting issues.
- Tax year-end reporting, including Form 1099/1042S, as well as
filing returns 945/1042/8966.
- Process W-8IMY Intermediary Allocation, and Withholding
- Faciliate B/C Notices and liaise with Corporate Tax to abate
any penalty notices.
- Assist in the development of evaluation and migration of
unremediated tax processes/deliverables.
- Perform surveillance by reviewing exception reports and perform
periodic checks to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines, as
well as other established risk and control framework.
- Assist with MUFG's unclaimed property filing obligations.
- Administer projects pertaining to Unclaimed Property state
reporting, escheatment of funds, process improvements, safe boxes
compliance, Service Member Civil Relief Act (SCRA) requirements,
audit defense, and asset recovery.
- Base level understanding or the desire to learn various states'
abandoned and unclaimed property tax laws.
- Assist in compliance reviews of internal controls over
processes and procedures for sustaining Unclaimed property
- Perform documentation retrieval and organization of informaton
to support audit defense or voluntary submissions.
- Prepare regulatory filings timely in compliance with various
state specific Unclaimed property laws.
- Review Unclaimed Property reconciliations to ensure identified
variances are resolved, including research, follow-up, and
correction of any outstanding issues.
- Track and respond to Unclaimed Property responses from state
and property holders, and follow-up accordingly with various
departments for resolutions.
- Participate in multipe business projects, including identifying
and implementing process improvements, automation, blockchain
technology, and streamlining.
- A Bachelor's degree
- 1-3 years experience with Tax, Unclaimed Property, Escheatment,
Accounting, Compliance, , or Audit
- Strong understanding of the United States Internal Revenue
Service (IRS), and rules/regulations including; FATCA Chapter
3/4/61, CRS, 871m/305c, and 1099/1042s reporting,
- General understanding of Escheatement and SCRA
- Experience working within Financial Services, or Consulting
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Microsoft Office; intermediate to advanced
- Knowledge of Tax and UCP software, such as Broadridge ADP,
IMPACT, Markit CTI TFV, 1099PRO, Stone River, and Sovos, Tracker or
TrackerPro considered a plus
- Strong Project Management skillsets; understanding of waterfall
and agile principles
- Familiar with either the Project Management Professional (PMP)
designation, or Lean Six Sigma (LSS) certificate program as it
relates to project management. Not required, but considered a
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and
skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds,
perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create
opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not
discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as
the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of
violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment
decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire
into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made.
Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have
been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain
Keywords: MUFG in the Americas, Tempe , Tax Operations & UCP Analyst, Professions , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!