Quantitative Risk Analyst - Credit Modeling (Bank)
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Purpose of JobProvides Model Risk Management support for the
bank in the areas of quality control and governance, to include but
not limited to documentation review prior to model validation,
model definitions, inventory, categorization and regulatory
expectations. Acts as a subject matter expert in advising and
consulting the business as appropriate on model risk quality and
governance matters. Not all responsibilities listed below pertain
to this specific opportunity.Job RequirementsABOUT USAAUSAA knows
what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of
millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular
mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every
level.In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune
100 Best Companies to Work For , and we've ranked among Victory
Media's Top 10 Military Friendly Employers for 13 years straight.
We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and
veteran spouses to apply.ABOUT USAA RISK ManagementUSAA is a
growing financial services company and the Risk Management function
at USAA is an important part of this growth. It is an exciting time
at USAA and in our Risk Management organization. We are a
diversified team of Risk professionals, working across all lines of
business across USAA operations (banking, insurance, investments)
seeing the incredible growth first-hand. Working at USAA in Risk
Management affords you the ability to be a part of USAA s noble
mission on a daily basis. We stand behind our 11 million members
who rely on us every day.See what it's like to work for a company
where your passion meets our purpose:
- Utilizes advanced analytics to assess future risk,
opportunities, and effectiveness.
- Translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance
- May present findings to various levels of leadership.
- Utilizes industry best practices to quantify risk and aggregate
- Develops complex systems and programs that measure aggregate
- May engage in model validation and/or produce model validation
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical
approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer
business objectives and drive change using developed
- May translate recommendations into communication materials to
effectively present to colleagues for peer review and
- Produces advanced analytical material for discussions with
cross functional teams to understand complex business objectives
and influence solution strategies.
- Communicates analytical results, findings and solutions to
governance committees and business process owners and influences
- May create statistical reporting and financial analysis to
forecast results for required stress test scenarios.
- Analyzes and challenges stress testing results and partners
with relevant functions to validate those results.Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics,
Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline
4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 or more years related quantitative analysis experience in a
discipline relevant to risk management to include statistical
analysis, modeling, mathematics or other quantitative
- Or advanced degree/designation in Economics, Finance,
Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative
discipline and 2 or more years work experience in a quantitative
discipline relevant to risk management
- Or PhD in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or other
- Successful completion of an analyst assessment may be required
- 2+ years involvement with quantitative analytical work,
statistical analysis, financial modeling, risk management
reporting, portfolio analysis, etc.
- Risk Management functional experience in Model Governance or
Validation functions, specifically dealing with banking models
(Credit Risk, ALM, PPNR, CCAR, Ops Loss)
- Experience interacting, in both written and verbal
communication, with cross-functional teams and committees to
understand modeling techniques, report findings, etc.
- Financial services industry, model vendor or consulting
experience with consumer lending focus.
- Working towards one or more of the following designations:
- Professional Risk Manager (PRM)
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)The above description reflects
the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits
package in the business, including a flexible business casual or
casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision
plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation assistance
is notavailable for this position. Associated topics: actuarial,
actuarial analyst, actuarial consultant, actuary consultant,
associate actuary, cost, investment actuary, life actuary, risk,
Keywords: USAA, Tempe , Quantitative Risk Analyst - Credit Modeling (Bank), Professions , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!