John Deere Demo Specialist
Company: RDO Equipment
Posted on: November 19, 2023
This individual will provide product expertise on specific
equipment lines and build long term relationships within the
territory to maximize company profitability and market share. This
individual will be expected to specialize in the equipment lines in
order to provide support to the sales professionals and customers
on the products.
Specific Duties Include:
- Increase market share and profitability for the stated range of
products within the geographic area.
- Coordinate and/or conduct field demonstrations as well as
operate machinery at customer work site.
- Train operators to ensure they understand how to maximize the
- Use company-provided systems/tools (i.e. Sales Advantage) to
fully document, track, record, follow-up and capture all related
sales activity in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitor all demonstration and loaner units to minimize cost and
maximize sales potential.
- Identify and communicate machine control solutions for customer
service opportunities in the dealership's AOR.
- Develop relationships and network throughout the industry to
monitor and participate in all product activities. Know the market;
where future work will be done, where it is currently being done
and by whom. Develop an open and "real time" channel of
communication throughout the industry.
- Create opportunities by evaluating customer fleets and
techniques, and proactively propose better solutions.
- Schedule, organize and perform product demonstrations and
- Coordinate the delivery of all new machines and provide onsite
operation and maintenance training. Regularly follow up with
customer's deliveries to insure they remain fully trained, well
supported and highly satisfied.
- Communicate regularly with the store management and full line
sales professionals to share information on activity within their
- Be a primary channel of communication for product technical and
commercial issues with manufacturing partners.
- Be an active and highly visible participant in industry groups
and events and keep abreast of competitive activity, products, and
- Seek additional sales, parts and service opportunities for the
Company and report those prospects to the appropriate team
- Provide training for our customers and employees, which include
continual education on developments for our product line, as well
as that of our competitors.
- Assist customers with parts, service and repair
- Provide technology updates and solutions.
- Assist in training and coordination for basic in-field
startups, including specific solutions for Topcon products.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work
assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified
in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as
to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored
training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and
- Participate in all company/location driven communication
efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings
and other related efforts.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with
peers, management, and support resources, with a constant
commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a
professional and efficient manner.
- Prior sales experience and/or training
- Experience in heavy equipment is preferred but not
- Ability to work independently
- Good understanding of local market conditions
- Knowledge of resale values of particular machinery
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to
work in the U.S. without company sponsorship Associated topics:
breakdown, customer service, diagnose, equipment, machine
maintenance, maintenance mechanic, maintenance technician,
mechanical, repair, upgrade
Keywords: RDO Equipment, Tempe , John Deere Demo Specialist, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!