Shop Supervisor- Pipe Fabrication
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Manages, coaches and develops staff. Plans and prepares
manufacturing production schedules and departmental workflows to
establish sequence and lead time of each production operation to
meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer
orders. Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters
schedules to meet unforeseen conditions; includes estimating.
Analyzes plant capacity and production requisition data to
determine manufacturing processes and required resources; prepares
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of
America's-- premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services
companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a
facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and
maintenance. --For 70--years, our employee-owned company has
provided innovative services that optimize the performance of
world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare
facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical
facilities and industrial complexes and other essential
institutions.Our employees, whom we call "Partners" are the heart
of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE
Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the '100 Best Places to
Work', 'Top 50 Training Organizations' and 'Top 30 Companies to
Retire From' due to our solid commitment to the personal and
professional development of each employee.
- Manages, coaches and develops staff. Shares technical expertise
and experience with other Partners. Conducts timely, complete and
meaningful performance management conversations. Coordinates all HR
related issues. Establishes and adjusts work sequences to meet
construction schedules utilizing knowledge of equipment/tools
capacities and assigned personnel.
- Manages all equipment activity including decisions on capital
asset purchases and maintenance. Responsible for all financial
activity in their area such as shop rework budgets, labor budgets
and consumable spend.
- Performs all required safety observations, conducts tool box
meetings and all safety stand down meetings. Acts as the champion
for leading and sustaining the elements of 6S and continuous
aggressive improvement. Manages the distribution of all Personal
Protection Equipment (PPE) and safety equipment for all direct
- Ensures their area meets and maintains quality and production
standards for all work product, including corrective measures for
any nonconformance. Resolves issues with defective materials or
- Manages operator based maintenance and total preventive
maintenance in all areas. Manages all shop systems to include SOMS,
- Estimates and communicates man hour needs based on workload,
minimizing down time. Reviews and monitors all labor reporting
- Communicates with the customer regarding issues affecting
production, schedule and cost.
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing Management, Manufacturing
Engineering or related field is preferred.
- Possesses associated licenses and/or certifications required by
trade for the position.
- 7+years of experience.
- Deep knowledge of production management.
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven
approach.TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TDIndustries recruits qualified applicants and advances in
employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or
national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other
status protected by law. EOE Minorities/ Females/ Protected
Keywords: TDIndustries, Tempe , Shop Supervisor- Pipe Fabrication, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!