Patient Access Specialist
Company: Maricopa Medical Center
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Under the direction of the Patient Access Manager, this position
is responsible to deliver a high-quality patient experience through
inbound and outbound call resolution by performing comprehensive
patient access functions associated with scheduling,
pre-registration, and registration. Provide excellent customer
service, answer patient questions, and route calls to designated
staff, as appropriate, to maintain an efficient operational
workflow for all patients seeking services throughout Valleywise
Health. Qualifications :Education :
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Prefer an associate's degree in Business Administration,
Finance or a related field. Experience :
- Must have a minimum of one to two (1-2) years of general
clerical, customer service or medical experience, preferably in a
- Prefer prior experience in a call center or experience with
high volume patient contact by phones.
- Prior healthcare registration and or scheduling experience a
plus. Specialized Training :
- None Certification/Licensure :
- Epic certification and HFMA certification preferred. Knowledge,
Skills & Abilities :
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in
English. Bilingual preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Requires basic data entry, 10-key, and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute is
- Must have the ability to handle multiple complex projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, time
management skills, mentoring and leadership skills are
- Must have the ability to demonstrate competency in all aspects
of billing/collecting rules and regulations for all payers in order
to direct, plan, schedule and organize work.
- Must be able to communicate and relate with patients and all
- Requires the ability to work independently on established
policies and procedures within the department.
- Must have knowledge of Arizona Medicaid programs Medicare,
AHCCCS, and other government programs.
- Knowledge of the federal and state Fair Debt Collection
- Knowledge of the Collections department, including commercial,
managed care, work comp and self-pay guidelines.
- Requires organizational, general math, and training
- Requires good patient service skills, interpersonal ability and
demonstrated leadership skills to regularly interact with staff and
leadership. Salary Range: Hourly pay rate: $16.22 to $23.92
Keywords: Maricopa Medical Center, Tempe , Patient Access Specialist, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!