Company: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company)
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Job Description Summary
JOB TITLE: Operator 2 DEPARTMENT: High Flow
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the
world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical
discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over
65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around
the world to address some of the most challenging global health
JOB TITLE: Operator 2
DEPARTMENT: High Flow
Operates assembly and packaging equipment in the manufacturing
process while maintaining targeted production standards, in Safety,
Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
The essential functions of this position include but are not
* Maintains a clean work area and reports any safety hazards to the
* Participates in safety programs and initiatives throughout the
* Knows and observes all quality and GMP standards.
* Works efficiently and cooperates with supervision and other
* Sets up, debugs, adjusts, and operates equipment within specified
* Performs changeovers on equipment.
* Performs quality inspections according to operational
specifications for all operations performed.
* Possesses working knowledge of current production reporting
system and how it applies to all positions.
* Performs preventative maintenance on equipment as assigned
including semi-annual maintenance periods.
* Maintains and handles inventory as necessary.
* Actively participates in continuous improvement activities
including BD Production System (BDPS).
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
* Other responsibilities of this position include but are not
* Complies with all local, state, federal and BD safety and
environmental regulations, standards, and policies/procedures.
* Complies with all local BD quality policies/procedures/practices
through consistent application of sound quality assurance
* Requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate
individuals with disabilities.
* This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this
position. Employees will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested by their supervisor.
* Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the
incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each
* Minimum 18 years of age.
* Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
* High School Diploma or GED.
* 1 Year of manufacturing experience.
* Medium Work (Level 3) - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds occasionally, or
10 to 25 pounds frequently, or up to 10 pounds constantly. Physical
demand requirements are more than those for Light Work.
* The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions:
protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from
* The worker is subject to noise exposure, mechanical hazards, high
heat, chemicals, and other industrial hazards associated with
Reports directly to the Manufacturing Supervisor. Has no
supervision over others.
EQUIPMENT & PAY PROGRESSION
Operator 2 associates in High Flow perform entry level tasks and
operate advanced and mid-level equipment including but not limited
* Advanced-Level Equipment
* Mid-Level Equipment
* Entry-Level Tasks/Equipment
* Filling Equipment
* Banding Inspection
* TNT Assembly
* Evacuating Equipment
* Product Circular Insertion
* OUH Assembly
* Tube Labeling Equipment
* Stopper Washing Equipment
* Case Packing Equipment
* - Hourly wage rates will be based on the
competencies/proficiencies of the advanced-level equipment in the
Number of Operations (Lines or Cells) the Associate is Certified to
Operate Advanced-Level Equipment
Hourly Pay Grade
Note: Associates are expected to be competent on Entry-Level tasks
in the department. Associates will also be required to attain and
retain Mid-Level competencies for equipment that is part of an
New Issue. ECR/O254055
For certain roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the
Company's receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated
against COVID-19. In some locations, testing for COVID-19 may be
available and/or required. Consistent with BD's Workplace
Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be
considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions
and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic
self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life's purpose
through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and
colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an
inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total
Rewards program - which includes competitive pay, benefits,
continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance
components - is designed to support the varying needs of our
diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status,
familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or
veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA NE - Broken Bow
Keywords: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Tempe , Manufacturing Operator, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!