Company: American Heart Association
Posted on: January 23, 2023
OverviewNow is the time to join an organization that enables you
to be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives.
Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your
career!The American Heart Association has an excellent opportunity
for an Operations and Development Coordinator within our Greater
Phoenix Division based in Tempe, Arizona.Under general supervision,
the Development and Operations Coordinator provides administrative
and operations support for the overall division and plans,
coordinates, implements and evaluates fundraising events and
campaigns (virtual and/or in-person) including detailed data
management and logistics coordination according to best practices,
timelines and budget.The American Heart Association offers programs
to help you maintain work/life satisfaction according to your
changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you
will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university
as well as various other training and support mechanisms locally
and through our National Center.#TheAHALife is our company culture,
our way of life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus
on work-life satisfaction, and our Guiding Values - Check out this
hashtag on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Provides a wide variety of skilled logistical, administrative,
clerical and data management support to assigned core markets,
ensuring all programs and office functions run efficiently. Ensures
a high quality of service is provided to all staff, volunteers, and
other external and internal customers.
- Plans, coordinates, implements, and evaluates fundraising
events (virtual and/or in-person) including coordinating the
logistics according to best practices, timelines, and budget.
Procures necessary resources and in-kind donations. Recruits,
manages, and engages event volunteers. Provides day-of-event
- With the Business Development team, implements year-round
pipelines and cultivation plans for corporate accounts, ensuring
sufficient depth for revenue generation and excellent customer
- Manages customer and campaign information utilizing multiple
American Heart Association systems accurately, timely and
completely in accordance with established guidelines.
- Creates correspondence and event collateral with precise
attention to detail.
- Responsible for accurate, timely processing of donations in
accordance with established requirements and standards.
- Proactively ensures timely communication with internal and
external partners and customers, supporting collaboration in
account management and activities to achieve shared
goals.QualificationsTwo (2) years or more of relevant work
experience that includes:
- Demonstrated track record in project management with ability to
manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet specified
- Demonstrated administrative expertise with complex clerical
responsibilities, office operations and data management.
- Experience working with multiple databases, including entering,
managing and reporting on data accurately and timely.
- Solution oriented approach with the demonstrated ability to
proactively anticipate needs, offer solutions and act quickly with
a clear sense of ownership.
- Ability to organize, plan, and execute corporate events.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to
develop collaborative working relationships internally and
- Strong attention to detail with superb organizational
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.Here are some of
the preferred skills we are looking for:
- Bachelors degree may be preferred in supporting the required
level of skill, knowledge and experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, train and manage volunteers
with success in delegating and accomplishing goals through
- Knowledge of American Heart Associations mission and
programs.Compensation & BenefitsThe American Heart Association
invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total
rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
- Compensation Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base
salary. Thats why we regularly review the market value of jobs and
make adjustments, as needed.
- Performance and Recognition You are rewarded for achieving
success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the
type of position.
- Benefits We offer a wide array of benefits including medical,
dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust
retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic
contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being,
we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness
program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
- Professional Development You can join one of our many Employee
Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional
mentoring program. HeartU is the Associations national online
university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your
needs and busy schedule.
- Work-Life Harmonization The Association offers Paid Time Off
(PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The
number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will
also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes
several days off at the end of the year.The American Heart
Associations 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a
full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the
American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for
all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care
access and quality.At American Heart Association - American Stroke
Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to
both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to
heart health and stroke prevention.This position not a match with
your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.EOE/Protected
Veterans/Persons with DisabilitiesLocation US-AZ-TempePosted Date 2
months ago (11/21/2022 12:14 PM)Requisition ID 2020-6352Job
Category Administrative SupportPosition Type Full TimeLocation:
Keywords: American Heart Association, Tempe , Development Coordinator, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!