Community Relations Specialist
Company: Bristol Alliance of Companies
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Umyuaq Consulting Group, LLC provides community relations,
strategic communications, safety outreach, and geographic
information systems support for environmental remediation and
munitions response projects for government clients. The Community
Relations Specialist I position requires a detail-oriented
researcher able to prepare accurate, written summaries from
historical documents, environmental reports, online research, maps,
and census data. In addition, experience planning, coordinating,
and as necessary moderating virtual conferences and meetings is
preferred. The job also entails providing telephone support at an
on-site information center and assisting with other activities, as
The successful candidate will have research and writing experience,
thrive in a team environment, and be familiar with hosting small
and large virtual meetings. - All phases of the work involve
feedback on performance and work quality, and require flexibility
and responsiveness to the frequently changing requirements of a
government consulting business.
- Identifying and synthesizing key information from historical
documents, environmental reports, U.S. Census data, GIS data, maps,
and the internet to prepare written reports with citations and
other materials in accordance with both internal standards and
- Reviewing work for accuracy, clarity, and proper
- Adhering to standard operating procedures, templates, and
quality control resources.
- Utilizing online content management systems to track progress
and prepare deliverables, share documents, and make edits based on
quality control reviews.
- Understanding the key components of safety messaging and the
Formerly Used Defense Sites (FUDS) Program, and responding to
questions from landowners and other stakeholders calling the
- Supporting the preparation and planning of outreach activities
and public meetings in onsite and virtual environments.
- Assisting in the development of outreach materials.
- Achieving annual performance goals in accordance with the above
requirements and agreed-upon professional development goals.
Bachelor degree in Public Affairs, Communications, Journalism,
English, Environmental Science, Legal Studies, History, or similar
degree. -Preferred candidates will have at least three (3) years of
prior work experience that reflects the responsibilities,
knowledge, and skills required for the position. -Experience
working with federal agencies helpful, but not required. - A
professional command of spoken and written Spanish, though not
required for the position, should be noted on the candidate's
Required Knowledge or Skills
- Solid research skills as well as demonstrated ability to
identify, analyze, and synthesize information from multiple
sources. Attention to detail is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to present information in a clear and
organized manner. Solid understanding of grammar and composition as
well as the ability to write and edit to internal, client, and AP
standards. - Ability to format documents in accordance with
templates and style requirements. - Writing samples will be
- Experience coordinating meetings and events both in-person and
in virtual settings.
- Experience using various virtual meeting platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team
environment that requires collaboration and coordination with
others, active participation in discussions, and a positive
- Demonstrated ability to complete work and accomplish goals on
- Excellent customer service skills are required for answering
telephone calls from the public and others who contact the
information center. Previous experience demonstrating these skills
should be noted on the resume.
- Competent using all MS Office products and Adobe
- Confidence in working simultaneously within various software
Keywords: Bristol Alliance of Companies, Tempe , Community Relations Specialist, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!