Company: Rosendin Electric, Inc
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of
the largest electrical contractors in the United States employing
over 7,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For more than 100
-years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality
electrical and communications installations, building value for
clients, and building people within the company. -
The Estimator is responsible for preparing and completing bid
documents and cost estimates for electrical construction projects.
The Estimator controls the construction costs by collecting and
studying information, evaluating bid specifications and drawings,
ensuring they know what is required to successfully bid and win the
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope
of work and required contents of estimate.
- Prepare estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of
work and enter into computer estimating system; review computer
printout for accuracy and completeness.
- Request quotes from suppliers for equipment and materials.
- Identify qualified suppliers/subcontractors and solicit quotes.
Review quotes for completeness with plans and
- Itemize and quantify all incidentals necessary in preparing the
bid packages including: sub-contract work, equipment rental, tools
and supplies -
- Prior to the issuing of the formal bid package, provide to the
Chief Estimator a detailed review of scope, technical requirements
and pricing for the estimated bid package.
- After the successful bid at project turnover, meet with Project
Management to fully explain the estimate, scope of work, quotes and
offer aspects for the successful transition of the
- Responsible for the timely completion of all client-required
- Draft scope letter inclusions, exclusions, and clarifications
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the
general nature and scope of work being performed by this position.
This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned
based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or a
related field -
- Minimum 2 years' experience estimating commercial construction
projects, preferably in electrical construction
- Experience in Accubid/Enterprise/Livecount/software
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge of assigned discipline, construction
technology, estimating techniques and cost control
- Ability to interpret computerized cost data and
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations required for
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and/or engineering
- Ability to identify and meet customers' needs expectations and
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
specific variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook,
Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and changing
priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing
requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all
levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors,
clients, and others
- 10 - 25%
- Interact with diverse individuals at Rosendin, customers and
- General work environment - sitting for long periods, standing,
walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted
primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as
fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin -is committed to creating a diverse environment and is
proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. - Employment decisions
are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status. -#LI-LL1
Keywords: Rosendin Electric, Inc, Tempe , Estimator, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!