Controls Lead Systems Specialist I
Company: Johnson Controls
Posted on: September 20, 2022
What will you do
Under general direction, acts as the on-site project leader to
plan, execute, and complete control systems projects with assigned
customers. Performs or delegates tasks as required to execute and
fully complete assigned projects including: hardware design, system
programming, installation coordination, system and network
commissioning and project closeout. Responsible for the overall
financial results of assigned projects including: costs, project
billings, and collections. Maintains an effective balance between
customer satisfaction and project financial results. Actively
pursues selling change orders. Coordinates communication with the
customer during all phases of the project. Ensures proper execution
of warranty. Provides work direction to subcontractors, electrical
installers, technicians, designers, and administration as
necessary. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state,
local and Federal legal requirements and operates on the job with
the highest of ethics. Adheres and ensures Johnson Controls staff
and subcontractors adhere to all safety standards.
How will you do it
- Completes typical installation hardware design and software
programming using established standards as required. Provides
detailed information to communicate design and operation to
customers, Johnson Controls staff and subcontractors.
- Actively pursues additional work through change orders.
Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client
issued bulletins, field directives and/or scheduling changes.
Communicates both technical and business related issues with the
- Manages the selection, ordering, budget and delivery schedule
of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
- Secures pricing and availability from outside vendors and
suppliers, mechanical and electrical subcontractors including
scope, terms and conditions. May request several bids in pricing
process. Oversees subcontractor payment and billing processes.
- Provides jobsite coordination for panel and field device
physical locations. Ensures installation is in accordance with
Johnson Controls literature and project requirements.
- Manages and completes the loading, device verification, and
commissioning of all system controllers as required. Validates
complete system functionality and resolves issues with
subcontractors and others to ensure proper operation. Provides
accurate project as-built and commissioning documentation.
- Manages costs, billings and collections. Completes project
billings in a timely and accurate format to the client. Maintains
profitability goals and positive cash flow.
- Provides coaching, mentoring and technical assistance to System
Technicians, Electrical Installers and System Designers. Provides
technical assistance to subcontractors. Ensures that delegated
tasks are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and
within scope of the contract.
- Effectively communicates the status of projects to management
as required and provides monthly forecasts of revenue, costs, and
- Sends warranty letter to JCI customer upon substantial
completion of project and ensures proper execution of
- Develops project plans and coordinates the required resources
to ensure timely and cost effective installation and completion of
- Performs site-specific training for owner/operator on the total
system in full or with assistance. Ensures owner/operator has been
trained. Provides proper documentation and manuals for system
- Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with
contractors, clients, consultants and subcontractors. Attends job
progress meetings as required.
- Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee
and subcontractor safety.
What we look for
- Minimum of a technical Associates Degree with two years of
field experience or four years of equivalent related field
experience in the HVAC industry.
- Must have relevant technical hands on experience in systems
design and commissioning of digital HVAC controls systems.
- Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform work
- Where legally permissible, as a condition of employment, you
will be required on your first day of employment, to show written
proof that you have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or that
you have a valid medical or religious reason for not receiving the
- Strong personal computer skills.
- Must have knowledge of control theory and HVAC systems.
- Knowledge of project accounting, costing principals and
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any
other characteristic protected by law. To view more information
about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a
candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a
disability and you require an accommodation during the application
process, please visit here.
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Tempe , Controls Lead Systems Specialist I, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!