Business Information Architect Lead - Remote
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Business Information Architect Lead for
our San Antonio, Texas facility. This person may also work remotely
in a 100% Remote Work Environment.
The candidate selected for the Position will engage with internal
enterprise customers and/or support other USAA entities. The
candidate will work to convert complex business needs into
meaningful information through the creation of organized, cohesive
design artifacts. Artifacts can/will include information models,
capabilities, mappings, success measures, governance documents,
etc. The candidate will also collaborate with various leaders and
partnered Architecture Disciplines (Technical and Business) as well
as participate in forums and agile
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
About USAA IT
Our most meaningful qualification isn't technical, it's human.
Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our
13 million members who rely on us every day.
We're proud of USAA's strong history -- and we're even more
passionate about our future. That's why we have a team of
supportive and collaborative hardworking technology professionals
focused on doing more for our members. And why we're continuing to
add innovative problem solvers to our team. With us, you'll find
exciting challenges that inspire you to continue learning and
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Leads the performance of regular assessments of the health and
maturity of information capabilities for a given domain.
- Applies expert knowledge to identify new information
capabilities to support business capabilities of a given business
domain and recommends viable and sustainable solutions,
- Applies expert knowledge of governance standards and regulatory
implications of internal information management practices.
- Mentors others to effectively apply reference models to
articulate business information requirements.
- Influences direction for metadata storage and relationships in
information architecture tools; mentoring peers on effective
utilization of information governance tools to include Infosphere
Data Architect (IDA), Infosphere Governance Catalog (IGC),
Infosphere Metadata Workbench to create information architecture
- Leads efforts in defining the mission, goals, critical success
factors, principles, policies and Statements of Direction for
information strategy and architecture (IS&A).
- Guides business and development activities and ensures
alignment to published IS&A direction, taking appropriate
action when deviation is observed.
- Develops, approves, and governs IS&A artifacts to include
statements of direction, logic models, decision matrices,
information capabilities, information categories, business
entities, and conceptual models.
- Influences and consults on information design across the
domain, including collaboration with the design team; displays
deep/broad business knowledge.
- Educates stakeholders on the value and practice of IS&A;
demonstrates the development and nurturing of healthy stakeholder
relationships; develops effective models to convey complex
concepts; leads stakeholders to recognize, explore, and explicitly
state their assumptions.
- Influences other architectural discipline, providing
information requirements to inform information architecture
direction, technical and data design decisions.
- Understands end to end change impact by managing linkages from
information capabilities to technical assets (operational +
- Leads the development and maintenance of a conceptual model for
information capabilities for a given domain.
- Provides consultation and guidance regarding the usage of the
enterprise integrated logical model for use in development.
- Sets the direction regarding appropriate data sources to be
used in solution development and delivery. Minimum requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Architecture, Information
Management, Information and Data Science, Information Studies or a
related technical field; OR 4 years of related experience in
information management (in addition to the minimum years of
experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 years of experience in information and/or data architecture
to include strategy, planning, and delivery oversight OR If
Advanced degree, 6 years of experience in information or data
- 3 years of direct and/or indirect management experience.
- Direct hands-on experience with modern data architecture
environments (Cloud, Hadoop, NoSQL, etc.).
- Proven ability to embrace new technologies of the future and
operationalize these to deliver value (Data Virtualization,
- Extensive experience working with data analysis tools and
leveraging reporting and data analysis that molds the way user
experiences are designed.
- In-depth knowledge of architectural principles and extensive
experience applying principles to business solutions.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate
appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes
written and verbal communications as well as visualizations. When
you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some
initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you
begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later
time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Knowledge and experience with Information Management
Disciplines such as Data Quality, Data Lineage, Metadata
Management, and Data Governance.
- Knowledge of Cloud Technologies such as AWS, GCP, and
- Knowledge and experience working across multiple organizational
- Experience in conceptional modeling utilizing tools such as
Erwin and IDA.
- Knowledge of analytical environments and tools
- Modern data architecture experience (Cloud, Hadoop, NoSQL,
- Proven ability to embrace new technologies of the future and
operationalize these to deliver value (Data Virtualization, Cloud).
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective method for assessing market data and
establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid
within the salary range based on your experience and market
position. The salary range for this skill is: $135,200 -
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the
USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their
physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Keywords: USAA, Tempe , Business Information Architect Lead - Remote, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!