Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Posting Note: Are you interested in joining one of the largest
children's hospitals in the country? Looking to do meaningful work
to make an impact? If you answered yes to either of these
questions, then consider joining Phoenix Children's Hospital! This
is a Monday to Friday, day/evenings shift from 2:30pm-11pm with a
competitive shift differential pay.
The Sterile Processing & Distribution (SPD) Certified Technician
provides a variety of technical functions in the decontamination
and sterilization of surgical instruments and other medical
supplies in compliance with policies and procedures of
Perioperative Services, AORN, JCAHO, OSHA, and AAMI standards. The
SPD Certified Technician must have a working knowledge of
decontamination, instrumentation, and sterilization, as well as a
national certification as noted in the job qualifications.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.Position
- Assures decontamination of instrumentation is in accordance
with manufactures recommendations and AAMI (Association for the
Advancement of Medical Instrumentation) standards.
- Receives soiled case carts/bins and soiled instruments into the
- Prioritizes instruments needed for turnaround.
- Hand washes/pre-soaks instruments in an enzymatic
- Changes chemicals for washers when indicated assuring the
proper chemicals are used.
- Maintains records for sterilization.
- Act as a liaison between the Operating Room and Sterile
Processing to communicate the changes and needs for subsequent
- Checks operating room needs regularly.
- Checks case carts/bins for needed items.
- Returns unused items to the Sterile Processing Department.
- Assists in assembling case carts.
- Assists in maintaining supplies in O.R.'s and clean core (Main
- Maintains effective communication to ensure appropriate
instrumentation is available for surgery.
- Assemble instruments in order of importance.
- Inspects all instruments for damage.
- Assembles and tests instrumentation to ensure working
- Determines when repair/replacement is needed.
- Wrap instruments/sets in appropriate manner.
- Utilize count sheets for proper sorting of instrumentation and
equipment to provide for efficient procedures.
- Utilize 'Assembly Books' for proper peel packing of
instrumentation for clinics/departments.
- Sterilizes instruments and equipment according to manufactures
IFU's and AAMI standards.
- Perform all daily tests and record results.
- Prepare label gun with correct date and identification number
and stamp each item to be sterilized.
- Utilize Instrument tracking system for proper
- Place sterilized items onto the appropriate storage shelf.
- Assemble case carts accurately and indicate missing items in
the pick list.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Tempe , SPD Tech-Certified, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!