Formulation Chemist I
Company: AGC Multi Material America, Inc.
Posted on: June 19, 2022
ABOUT USAGC Multi Material America, Inc. is a wholly owned
subsidiary of AGC Inc., a $14 billion multinational corporation and
one of the world's largest manufacturers of glass, electronic
displays and chemical products.AGC Multi Material America, Inc. is
a global advanced materials company which develops and manufactures
high-technology digital and RF/Microwave printed circuit materials
principally for the telecommunications and internet infrastructure,
enterprise and military markets.SUMMARYResponsible for research and
development of new materials and modifications to existing
products. Provides technical support to customers in the use of
AMM's new and existing materials. ONLY CANDIDATES WITH POLYMER
CHEMISTRY EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop several differentiated products such as new copper clad
laminates and prepregs by developing new polymer formulations,
processes or applications which will open new markets of commercial
- Analyzing the developed materials.
- Collaborating with production to scale up the developed
- Work closely with other scientists, technicians, related
members to plan and conduct testing on assigned scientific projects
to prove or modify theoretical propositions on-the-basis of
comments in the literature of the field, established research
findings, in the technological area.
- Work closely with VP in charge to proceed product development
- Discuss progress and interim findings at review meetings.
Continue with project in original concept or modify direction based
on commentary and decisions of projects review committee.
- Suggest new test methods and equipment/apparatus to R&D
- Set up prototype equipment and use experimental materials to
test theories developed. Prepare scientific and technical
- Participate in industry consortia.
- Works on customer-oriented projects, with manufacturing and
technical personnel to test out theories or findings.QUALIFICATION
- Entry level knowledges of thermoset polymer formulation or
polymer science new graduates with a BS degree in chemistry, or a
related field with about less than 5 years experience in polymer
materials are welcome to apply.
- Experiences in printed circuit materials is not necessarily
required. The experience in the polymer materials is more
- People who are motivated to do experiment by themselves and
capable to interpret the results are welcome to apply.
- Requires the attitude to understand the meaning of each process
and improve it (sample making condition, evaluation methods etc.),
not just doing as a routine.
- High reasoning capability required and ability to apply common
sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions.
- Communication skills are required to work with people with
different job grade. Requires the attitude to co-work, collaborate
with others, not easily conflicting or avoiding the
- Preferably someone who can work actively rather than
- The successful candidate must be team oriented with the ability
to communicate effectively with employees at all levels. Excellent
interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal are
- Requires a "can do" attitude with the ability to perform and
manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality is
required.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSNone
required.TRAINING REQUIREDHazard Communication
Training.MATHEMATICAL SKILLSBasic math including addition,
subtraction, multiplication, and division.LANGUAGE SKILLSThe
ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels.
Possess effective speaking, writing and comprehension
skills.REASONING ABILITYHigh reasoning capability required. Must be
able to assess any situation quickly and make sound decisions based
on limited information. Ability to apply common sense understanding
to carry out detailed and involved written or oral instructions.
Ability to effectively deal with problems in different
situations.The environmental categories described below are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.WORK
ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe noise level in the work environment
is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
The work environment is fast paced.While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is required to have the ability to stand;
walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel or grasp objects,
tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs;
balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move/carry light to medium weights of up
to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job.SAFETY EQUIPMENT REQUIREDSafety Glasses & Safety Shoes
when in production area.OFFICE EQUIPMENT USED FOR THE JOBComputer,
phone, copy machine, email.PAY$75,000-80,000 per yearWORK
SCHEDULE/OVERTIMEMonday to Friday.OTHER
- Must successfully pass pre-employment background and drug
- Subject to drug/alcohol testing when there is reasonable
- Must report to work on-time daily as scheduled.
- Must abide by all policies and procedures of the
Keywords: AGC Multi Material America, Inc., Tempe , Formulation Chemist I, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!