PA or NP Outpatient Community Internal Medicine
Company: Mayo Clinic
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Why Mayo Clinic
Imagine yourself in a dynamic atmosphere where you'll work
alongside world-renowned experts, learn new things every day, treat
conditions that few medical professionals ever encounter, and have
a vast range of career paths to choose from. Now imagine that in
addition to all this, you have the chance to change lives every
day. That's what it means to be a Nurse Practitioner or Physician
Assistant at Mayo Clinic.
Join the authority in medicine and partner with the nation's best
hospital (U.S. News & World Report 2021-2022), ranked #1 in more
specialties than any other care provider. At Mayo Clinic, we
believe there is a better path to healing that humanizes the
practice of health care and inspires hope in the people who need it
most. You will be part of an amazing diverse team committed to
solving the most serious and complex medical challenges - one
patient at a time.
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional
information please visit . Eligibility may vary.
Community Internal Medicine department of Mayo Clinic Arizona is a
large outpatient department on our Scottsdale campus. We practice
team based model of care within our department but provider will
have assigned panel of patients as well. Duties will include
evaluation and medical management of patients ages 18-100+ with
various medical conditions including acute and chronic conditions
and a very large geriatric population. Additional duties include
pre surgical evaluations, well visits, women's health, Medicare
wellness exams, and sports physicals. Provider will order testing,
consultations and work closely with other specialty physicians in
the management of the patient populations. Mayo Clinic provides
ample opportunities for continuous training, support, and education
to further providers practice and career goals.
Level II Requirements:
In addition to the above requirements, must meet two to four of the
- Spends at least 50% of days based at the hospital (rounds,
service, or shift work).
- Performs specialized procedure(s).
- Provides evals and consults with indirect supervision at least
50% of days worked.
- Spends at least 10% of days as First Assist in surgery.
- Takes call assignments (Primary and/or ED).
- Provides Weekend/Holiday Service.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited university.
- Current RN license, Advanced Practice Certificate, and
Prescribing and Dispensing Certificate in Arizona
- FNP by an approved certifying organization
- Basic Life Support certification is required upon hire
- Must be a graduate of an accredited university.
- NCCPA certification required.
- Must be licensed/certified or eligible to practice as PA in the
State of Arizona.
- Excellent verbal, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Flexibility to adjust schedule to meet patient and staff
- Ability to manage time and stress effectively and adapt to
unpredictable situations within the patient care setting.
- Two to five years of clinical experience preferred.
- Primary care, acute care, and/or surgical experience
- Strong computer skills in an Electronic Medical Record
License or certification
- Must have Arizona licensure as a Nurse Practitioner or
Physician Assistant under the supervision of a Mayo Clinic
physician upon hire.
- Maintains prescribing and dispensing privileges in
- Must provide evidence of application for DEA certificate upon
hire, obtain DEA certificate within 90 days of hire, and maintain
certificate thereafter unless waived by department/division.
- Basic Life Support certification is required upon hire and must
be valid for 90 days or greater from start date. Maintains Basic
Life Support (BLS) competency.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with
internal equity when job offers are extended.
Hours / Pay period
Monday through Friday typically 8-5
Occasional on call for phone only.
Provider will alternate night call with the other 21 providers in
the community internal medicine department plus the providers in
the women's health department. There is a small additional
compensation per hour of on-call time. This is phone on-call duty
only without requirement to be called into the facilty. We do have
triage nurses that phone calls go to first and they only page
providers for things that are truly needed/appropriate prior to
next regular business hours.
Over the next four years, Mayo Clinic is making significant
investments in both the physical and technological future of health
care, through doubling the size of the Mayo Clinic campus in
Phoenix, inclusive of practice, education, and research activities.
Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona are located in Phoenix and
Scottsdale, in the beautiful Sonoran Desert. The region is known as
the Valley of the Sun, a metropolitan area with more than 4 million
residents in 25 cities and towns.
With Phoenix being the sixth largest city in the nation, this sunny
"desert metropolis" offers the amenities of a big city in the midst
of a strikingly beautiful, rugged, southwest landscape.
Scottsdale frequently earns praise as a highly desirable place to
live. The city's more than 200,000 residents enjoy a vibrant mix of
culinary hot spots, arts and entertainment, professional and
collegiate sports teams, and community resources. The region's
desert climate promotes an outdoor lifestyle with a full complement
of sports and recreation.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic
is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the
diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any
employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the
LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly
encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to
access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Keywords: Mayo Clinic, Tempe , PA or NP Outpatient Community Internal Medicine, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!