Diesel Mechanic- First Group
Company: First Group
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Fleet Maintenance TechnicianUp to $27.48/HR with a $5,000
Sign-On Bonus! Walk in Interviews welcome Mon Fri from 9:00 4:00
pmAre you looking for job security and stability with competitive
wages and benefits (zero employee layoffs during COVID pandemic)?
First Transit is looking for a Fleet Technician to join its team
and you could be the right person! With over 335 locations and in
business since 1955, First Transit is truly First in passenger
transportation. Please see our website for a comprehensive review
of our company: .Come work at a brand-new state of the art
maintenance facility and work on equipment that provides
life-changing mobility for the passengers we serve. Servicing
Valley Metro's fleet of Gillig, New Flyer, Eldorado and MCI
vehicles!Walk-Ins Welcome from 9:00 4:00 pm Monday thru Friday!
Visit us to learn more about this position and apply at: 2050 WEST
RIO SALADO PARKWAY, Tempe, Arizona 9:00 4:00 pm Monday thru
Friday!First Transit is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages from $21.11 to $27.48/hour based on experience
& qualifications (NOT flat rate)
- Now offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus! (Conditions apply. Expires
- ASE certification bonus up to $9,000 per year
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide.
- A great work environment!Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Major
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are
safe for our customers.
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and
equipment repair including the repair of brakes, engine tune-ups,
suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches and other
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Complete preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual maintenance inspections.Fleet Maintenance Mechanic
- Valid driver s license required.
- 1+ years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience
or combination of education & experience.
- Must have appropriate mechanic s tool set.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE
certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
- Drug free workplaceAbout First TransitFirst Transit Inc. is a
leading provider of public transportation contracting and
management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision,
efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and
private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations,
carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the
United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.Apply today and
get your career on the road with First Transit!We aspire to have a
culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain
a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
all. Associated topics: building maintenance, crew, fertilizer,
groundskeeper, hardscaper, ice, labor, landscaping, sod, tree
Keywords: First Group, Tempe , Diesel Mechanic- First Group, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!