PROGRAM COORDINATOR SR
Company: Arizona State University
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Program Coordinator SrArizona State UniversityDepartment:
Entrepreneurship + InnovationOff-Campus: ScottsdaleReq ID# 78655BR
Job DescriptionJoin the award-winning team of inspiring
entrepreneurs, innovators and community builders to create stronger
and more equitable local communities through entrepreneurship. The
J. Orin Edson Entrepreneurship + Innovation Institute (Edson E+I)
Peoria Forward team is a strategic partnership with the City of
Peoria to advance the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the West Valley.
Edson E + I is seeking a Program Coordinator, Sr. to independently
coordinate activities and functions for Peoria Forward to ensure
that goals and objectives specified for the program are
accomplished. This Program Coordinator, Sr. will work under the
general supervisor of our Community Entrepreneurship lead and work
closely with other Edson E+I team members.Full-Time/Part-Time:
Full-TimeSalary Range: $46,618 - $47,000 per year; DOEClose Date:
10-May-2022Essential Duties Event Operations 25%
- Develops and facilitates workshops, meetings or conferences
that are in-person, virtual and hybrid; coordinates logistics,
scheduling and participant communications in accordance with
specifications, objectives, and budget limitations.
- Works with Peoria Forward Sr. Program Manager, Edson E+I Staff
and community partners to build effective entrepreneurial
programming blending online and in-person formats.
- Works with E+I Financial staff to place orders, make purchases,
and monitor event-related expenditures in accordance with budget
- Recommends resources for each function/program/event as needed
- Performs tasks related to specific function/program/event
assigned, such as tracking event attendance.
- Executes event follow up including surveys and data gathering
for grant reporting.
- Implements evaluation methodology; analyzes results and takes
proper action based on the outcome.
- Files expense reports and support materials as needed. Program
- Executes program work plan in accordance with specifications
and funding limitations; oversees daily operations and coordinates
activities of program; determines priorities and updates task
- Develops and implements new or revised program goals and
- Coordinates activities of the program with inter-related
activities of other programs, departments or staff to ensure
optimum efficiency and compliance with appropriate policies,
procedures and specifications.
- Prepares periodic reports, financial statements and records on
program activities, progress, status or other special reports for
management or outside agencies.
- Evaluates program effectiveness to develop and implement
improved methods. Marketing and Communication Support 15%
- Responds to questions and requests from community members;
supporting initial resource wayfinding and customer service.
- Recruits program participants and volunteers utilizing most
appropriate promotional or marketing methods.
- Updates events listed on the website.
- Develops, compiles, and writes communications and promotional
literature for distribution such as newsletters, social media posts
and website content or flyers; coordinates process from development
through printing and distribution. Interacts and maintains liaison
with outside/community agencies in facilitating program
- Maintains contact database and metrics related to Peoria
- Reviews and edits documents and marketing materials.Minimum
QualificationsBachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area
of assignment AND four years administrative/coordinate program
experience; OR, Master's degree in field appropriate to area of
assignment AND two years administrative/coordinate program
experience; OR, Eight years of progressively responsible
administrative/coordinate program experience; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which comparable
knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.Desired
- Familiarity with Peoria, AZ and the West Valley community
- Ability to build relationships with diverse communities of
- Familiarity with entrepreneurial ecosystem building or venture
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to be a self-motivated individual who can work
independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced
- Ability to analyze issues, make sound decisions, and practice
resourcefulness in solving problems.
- Experience using Salesforce, Aventri, Qualtrics, Slack,
Wordpress and Canva.
- Experience in work that requires attention to detail.
- Experience planning, managing, and organizing community-facing
- Experience organizing projects and establishing
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with community members, peers, and stakeholders.
Reliable transportation to Peoria for events as needed.Working
- Work duties are performed diverse settings including: ASU
SkySong, event locations across the West Valley and on West
- Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up
to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require ability to exercise an
entrepreneurial mindset executing activities, gathering feedback
and iterating ideas quickly
- This position may require a flexible working schedule in order
to accommodate projects and initiatives.
- Travel to multiple program sites will be required. Flexible
- Alternative work schedules can include four, 10-hour workdays
in a workweek; a nine-day, 80-hour schedule over two workweeks for
exempt employees only; and staggered start and stop times.
- Hybrid work is an arrangement where employees spend a minimum
of 60% of their regular workweek at their primary ASU work
location. Dean or vice president-level approval is required.
- Full remote work is spending every workday at a site other than
assigned ASU work location. This arrangement granted when the
criteria in the flexible work arrangement policy are met. Executive
vice president-level approval is required.Department StatementFor
the seventh year in a row, ASU has been named the most innovative
university in the nation, recognizing the university's culture of
groundbreaking research and partnerships, as well as its commitment
to helping students thrive in college and beyond. U.S. News and
World Report has named ASU as the most innovative university all
seven years the category has existed.ASU Knowledge Enterprise
advances research, innovation, strategic partnerships,
entrepreneurship, and international development. Our success arises
from solutions-focused, interdisciplinary research; an
entrepreneurial approach that is embedded in every school and
department; and a commitment to transform society in a positive
way. The J. Orin Edson Entrepreneurship + Innovation Institute
supports connections and collaborations across ASU and its partner
communities to make entrepreneurship accessible to everyone by
providing material support and resources for entrepreneurship while
advancing ASU s national and international reputation as an
entrepreneurial institution of higher education. Edson E+I is a
dynamic and fast-paced working environment with a team of
interdisciplinary colleagues supporting an extensive suite of
programs that provide outreach, engagement, and training
opportunities to promote an inclusive and diverse entrepreneurial
ecosystem and economic growth.ASU StatementArizona State University
is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented
combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and
broad access. This New American University is a single, unified
institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively
impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health
of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real
world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally
separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000
students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth
largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity,
and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one
hundred nations across the globe.Arizona State University is a
VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer.Employment Verification StatementASU conducts
pre-employment screening which may include verification of work
history, academic credentials, licenses, and
certifications.Background Check StatementASU conducts
pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a
criminal background check, verification of work history, academic
credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent
upon successful passing of the background check.Instructions to
ApplyApplication deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date
indicated.Please include all employment information in month/year
format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of
employer for each position.Resume should clearly illustrate how
prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired
qualifications of this position.ASU does not pay for travel
expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise
indicated.Only electronic applications are accepted for this
position.IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of equivalent
combination in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of
higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of
experience. For example, a four year Bachelor s degree is equal to
four years of experience.To apply, please go to
www.asu.edu/asujobs/ (See Req ID#78655BR), or go directly to:
Associated topics: .net, architect, backend, c, devops, lead,
maven, perl, programming, senior
Keywords: Arizona State University, Tempe , PROGRAM COORDINATOR SR, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!