Lead Data Scientist
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Kelly Services is actively recruiting for Bioinformatics -
Principal Clinical Investigator (Lead Clinical Analyst). This is a
Direct Hire opportunity, located in Scottsdale, Arizona (on-site is
required). Lead Data Scientist Remote Health Monitoring Will work
in a research hub which will integrate the convergence of
biomedicine, engineering and computing for innovation in precision
health and digital health to optimize disease diagnosis and
treatment, enhance wellness and produce more cost-effective
outcomes. The Principal Clinical Investigator (Lead Clinical
Analyst) will be responsible for planning, managing, supporting,
preparing and contributing to data analysis. The data and metadata
are compiled from an array of biosensors including cardiac,
respiratory, facial expression, speech, eye movement, temperature,
etc. The data generated will be used in three ways:
- To increase our ability to monitor patient health, resulting in
- To develop novel tools for remote sensing patient status as
part of a telemedicine development effort
- To support business decision-making, strategic planning, and
process improvement to support growth. Initial projects will focus
on cardio-pulmonary diseases, mental health and infectious disease
(Covid-19). For future projects, the ideal candidate should have
some grant proposal experience or at least experience looking into
funding opportunities. The day to day tasks of the Principal
Clinical Investigator (Lead Clinical Analyst) can include:
- Planning data-driven experiments and analyzing data-driven
- Establishing collaborations with other scientists within and
outside the department
- Overseeing staff who may be performing research or supporting
other scientist's research projects
- Writing grant proposals, looking for funding opportunities
- Overseeing data QC, overseeing databases and staff that
- Developing new methods to analyze data, publishing scientific
articles in peer-reviewed journals, manage staff, etc.
Responsibilities of the Principal Clinical Investigator (Lead
Clinical Analyst) includes:
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices pertaining
to analytic tool development and data analysis as it applies to the
practice of telemedicine.
- Knowledge of advanced analytic methods and tools currently
available for healthcare applications.
- Ability to evaluate the development of advanced analytic tool
technology, recommend analytic tools with potential to have impact
on future healthcare.
- Collaborate with university scientists in developing explore
new health related applications for analytic methods.
- Perform data analysis to understand current performance,
analyze trends, and to make recommendations for future project
performance to advance analytic methods and technology.
- Develop measurements and metrics for data analysis to be used
for business decision-making, planning, and process
- Securely collects, cleanses, standardize, transforms and stores
data from various sources ensuring data integrity.
- Directs the collection of supplier data (e.g. industry trends,
supplier performance and cost dynamics); prepares supplier
- Uses predictive modeling, statistics, trend analysis and other
data analysis techniques to collect, explore, and identify the
right data to be analyzed from internal and external sources.
- Creates and maintains statistical reporting tools to support
the specific discipline.
- Responsible for regularly auditing data input; audits may
involve studying number, organization practices and customer
- Prepares or coordinates preparation of reports; analyzes and
interprets statistics, financial data, and management planning data
for predicting stakeholders and university administration.
- Maintains broad awareness of current trends in data collection
and organization, data preservation, and numeric data analysis by
participation in appropriate professional activities and
contributing to research in the field.
- Will implement procedures and technologies that assure the
long-term sustainability and accessibility of datasets.'
- May supervise, monitor or coordinate the activities of
subordinates to ensure adherence with stated outcomes, timeframes
- Reviews job performance in conjunction with established unit,
department and university goals.
- Utilizes various computer programs and software to perform data
computation, statistical analysis and other data manipulation
activities. Requirements of the Principal Clinical Investigator
(Health Monitoring - Lead Clinical Analyst) includes:
- Doctoral qualification (PhD, MD, or DVM)
- At least 5 years of experience in large research project
management in academia, bio industry, government, or healthcare
organizations in one or more areas of the biological sciences,
biomedicine, bioinformatics, sensor technologies, molecular
diagnostics, precision medicine, digital health and remote patient
monitoring and related experience in strategic planning, program
planning and execution and familiarity with public and private
sector funding agencies.
- Significant publications
- Experience with at least a few of the following: Python, C/C++,
SQL, Cache, Java, Algorithm Research and Development, Perl,
- Project Management
- Knowledge of the following:
- principles and practices pertaining to the development of
advanced analysis methods and technology and advanced
bioinformatics analytic tools related to analyzing and integrating
a variety of data types for healthcare purposes. Such datasets
could include remote sensing technology, genomic information,
electronic health records and imaging
- analysis techniques and reporting strategies
- computing and data analysis
- data management and information technologies
- supervisory principles practices and techniques
- principles of exemplary customer service demonstrated through
actively listening, acknowledging, and responding to every inquiry;
taking ownership and resolving each concern or problem as
appropriate; exhibiting professionalism and expertise in every
interaction and engaging in professional development to meet
expectations for service excellence.
- principles and practices pertaining to the assigned
- administrative, financial, and business management principles
- Skilled in the following:
- Quantitative data analysis and interpretation.
- Ability to collect, organize, synthesize and analyze data;
summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations
- Planning, analyzing, and coordinating activities and
- Managing multiple priorities, adhering to deadlines and
allocating Ability to accurately and reliably interpret data for
determining appropriate action
- Ability to influence changes in individual, institutional,
and/or corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable
- Ability to effectively communicate results of analysis, novel
ideas and project updates to senior management, peers and
- Ability to design, build and maintain databases of information
related to the development of advanced analytic tools by external
companies and university scientists.
- Understanding the importance of metadata as it applies to
development of advanced analysis methods and technology. Why Kelly
-- ? Kelly-- Science & Clinical is your connection to premier
scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people
just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream
jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job
searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters
have a professional background/education in science, so we know a
thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
About Kelly -- At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next
and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full
potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for
temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow
flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton
of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is
what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide
variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the
world. Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to,
minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected
veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment
Opportunity is The Law. ]]
Keywords: Kelly, Tempe , Lead Data Scientist, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!