Advanced Clinical Lab Specialist - 2nd Shift - $1,500 signing bonus
Posted on: October 12, 2021
Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for routine
testing of biological specimens. This position also provides
skilled technical support in the laboratory. Works with other team
members to ensure timely, quality, test results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs
and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains accurate records and documentation. Ensures
maintenance of donor, patient and employee confidentiality.
- Performs preparation and prequalification of reagents and
routine testing of biological samples.
- Performs preventive maintenance and quality control on
equipment, identifies equipment malfunctions, performs trouble
shooting and basic repairs, and notifies appropriate personnel as
- Performs evaluations of reagents, equipment, and new testing
methods, as directed.
- Performs equipment calibration.
- Assists with monitoring supply and reagent levels and takes
appropriate action when new supplies are needed.
- Maintains the cleanliness of equipment and work areas. Adheres
to safety guidelines.
- Assists with performing required competency assessments and
- Assists with or participates on process improvement teams.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must satisfy CLIA requirements for High Complexity Testing
- California testing requirements must be met within one year
- Certification as a Medical Technologist (MT), Medical
Laboratory Scientist (MLS), or Blood Banking Technologist (BB) by a
recognized certifying agency required.
- Three years clinical laboratory testing experience
- One year of transfusion service experience required.
- One year IRL experience preferred.
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform
all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have analytical, statistical, personal organization, and
problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an
active team member.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Must have good customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Able to organize, prioritize, and execute a variable workload
and multiple priorities.
EEO including disability and veterans
Keywords: Vitalant, Tempe , Advanced Clinical Lab Specialist - 2nd Shift - $1,500 signing bonus, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!