Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: October 11, 2021
Under the direction of the Director of Medical Staff Services, the
Medical Staff Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all
aspects of assigned medical staff departments, sections and
committee functions to ensure compliance with the PCH Medical Staff
Bylaws, State and Federal requirements, and accreditation
standards. Coordinates all aspects of credentialing, including
initial appointment, reappointment and privileging. Responsible for
data administration for medical staff credentialing software and
databases. Supports the department in the organization and analysis
of information and data, and provides expertise in statistical
analysis and quantitative processes. This position also provides
support to the Medical Staff Services Director in areas of Medical
Executive Committee preparation, Medical Staff leadership, special
meetings, supervision of the department in the Director's absence,
and other assistance as required.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Assists in the organizing and directing of a comprehensive and
specialized credentialing program to assure continued accreditation
by The Joint Commission and other regulatory organizations.
- Interprets, explains and follows all regulatory guidelines,
including Medical Staff Bylaws, fair hearing plan, rules and
regulations and policies.
- Ensures the credentialing of applicants for initial appointment
and reappointment is coordinated accurately and timely in
compliance with defined schedules. Collects and analyzes
information thoroughly to identify potential quality of care
issues, behavioral problems, appropriate education and training.
Investigates issues of concern, generates reports, and presents
findings to facilitate recommendations to the Credentials
Committee, Medical Executive Committee and the Board of
- Manages systems to identify, and disseminate to others, medical
staff members and their clinical privileges; prepare and maintains
other related records and reports. Responsible for the accuracy,
integrity, and security of the credentialing and privileging
database system and for the data entry performed by personnel in
the Medical Staff Services Department.
- Coordinates and facilitates assigned medical staff department
committees, standing committees, ad hoc and special committee
meetings. Consults with respective department/committee chairs and
hospital staff to achieve action-oriented outcomes assuring that
problems identified are either acted upon or appropriately
referred. Demonstrates excellent communication and negotiation
skill in preparation of agenda and participation in meetings.
Records conclusions and recommendations succinctly and accurately
to substantiate actions taken. Maintains confidentiality of peer
review discussions and other sensitive matters in order to promote
medical staff confidence
- Monitors and revises credentialing and privileging forms as
needed. Researches competency criteria and advises the appropriate
medical staff section chiefs and department chairs. Ensures
maintenance of medical staff and allied health practitioner
- Communicates medical staff information to appropriate
- Participates in training and development of department
personnel utilizing expertise in one or more areas of medical staff
organizational management as appropriate for learning
- Actively participates in regulatory and accreditation surveys.
Interacts with surveyors to demonstrate compliance with standards
to achieve successful accreditation.
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills and coordination of
intra-department activities and inter-department integration.
Assures the ongoing development and implementation of policies and
procedures that guide and support the provision of services for the
Medical Staff and for internal operations.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Tempe , Credentialing Coordinator, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!