Supervisor, Hospital Revenue Cycle
Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: September 5, 2021
Posting Note: **Hospital experience required
This position is responsible for supervising and overseeing the
daily operations of the accounts receivable follow-up staff. This
position demonstrates excellent customer service and technical
skills in patient financial services and management of information,
process, workflow and technology. The supervisor serves as a leader
within Patient Financial Services with commensurate authority in
accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Maintain quality service by supervising all tasks associated
with account follow-up including contacting insurance payers to
resolve unpaid accounts, following up on denied claims, and
analyzing open accounts to determine necessary actions.
- Establish an organizational structure by assigning
responsibilities, following up to ensure completion of tasks,
review of accounts worked for quality, and coaching staff for
- Assist with progressive discipline with regards to attendance,
performance and all aspects of department and hospital policy.
- Maintain department manuals and reference materials and
communicates and implements managed care and third-party payer
updates or requirements as they are received.
- Responsible for department's overall performance and for
motivating team members to exceed department and hospital goals and
- Maintain liaison with hospital and clinic supervisory personnel
to coordinate efforts in resolving problems concerning collection
of hospital accounts receivable; answer inquiries from insurance
companies concerning outstanding accounts as required.
- Approve various transactions including underpayments, discounts
and write-offs for hospital convenience; evaluate and process
insurance denials and late insurance claims information as
- Plan and schedule work to ensure proper distribution of
assignments and adequate manning for subsequent performance of
duties. Plan and conduct meetings with subordinates to ensure
compliance with established practices, to implement new policies
and keep employees abreast of current changes and standards.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and analysis, setting
forth progress, identifying trends and submitting appropriate
recommendations or conclusions.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Tempe , Supervisor, Hospital Revenue Cycle, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!