Medical Assistant-Certified -Nephrology-Phoenix
Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: July 18, 2021
Posting Note: This Medical Assistant-Nephrology
will provide back-office duties that will work with patients both
onsite and via telemedicine. This department is growing and MA
responsibilities include chart prep for clinics, patient intakes
for providers, completing urinalysis testing on patients, fitting
patients with Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitor, ensure patient
plans are executed and carried out. From the administrative
perspective, you will answer the MA clinical line and correspond
via e-mail, and address EHR Message inquiries. Nephrology is a
highly specialized, growing Division with 7 Nephrology providers.
Our patients require long-term care so the staff has an opportunity
to build relationships with patients and their families as they
come in for follow-up visits. Schedule: M-F 8:00 - 5:00 Location:
Main Location -1920 East Cambridge, Phoenix, AZ. However, you may
be asked to travel to Mesa or Gilbert on a single day, one day per
month. Requirements: Medical Assistant Diploma, and an RMA/CMA
certification, OR an MA Diploma and 5 or more years of MA work
experience instead of the certification; previous experience
working in a pediatric complex care environment providing Medical
Assistant support to providers preferred. If you enjoy working in a
fast-paced environment, have strong verbal and written
communication skills, organizational and multi-tasking skills are a
must. Follow through and follow up are a must to succeed in this
This position works under the direction of a licensed health care
professional and performs various clinical and administrative tasks
for the assigned area.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- As directed by a physician, performs or assists with procedures
such as electrocardiogram, pulmonary function, suture and staple
removal, dressing changes, and others.
- Collects laboratory specimens (including blood specimens),
performs point of care testing, and disposes of bio-hazardous
- Demonstrates infection control standards related to hand
washing and standard precautions.
- Prepares and administers medications, communicates telephone
prescriptions to pharmacies, and processes medication refills as
directed by a physician.
- Prepares and instructs patients about examinations, diagnostic
tests, medications, special diets, and health maintenance.
- Records and communicates patient related information, including
vital signs, growth parameters, medical histories, signs, and
symptoms, to the physician or licensed health care provider.
- Removes sutures and changes dressings.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Tempe , Medical Assistant-Certified -Nephrology-Phoenix, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!