Maintenance Tool and Die Machinist
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy
by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered
around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a
shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of
a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, efficient, and
meticulous Tool and Die Machinist to join our growing team.
- Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that
parts meet specifications; make adjustments as necessary
- Cut, shape, and trim blanks or block to specified lengths or
shapes, using power saws, power shears, rules, and hand tools.
- File, grind, shim and adjust different parts to properly fit
- Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and
- Lift, position, and secure machined parts on surface plates or
worktables, using hoists, vises, v-blocks, or angle plates
- Measure, mark, and scribe metal or plastic stock to lay out
machining, using instruments such as protractors, micrometers,
scribes, and rulers
- Select metals to be used from a range of metals and alloys,
based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerance
- Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically
controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and
grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to
prescribed dimensions and finishes
- Set up and operate drill presses to drill and tap holes in
parts for assembly
- Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or
tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or
- Study blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan
sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies, or
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts
for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such
as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators
- Cast plastic tools or parts, or tungsten-carbide cutting tips,
using pre-made molds
- Design jigs, fixtures, and templates for use as work aids in
the fabrication of parts or products
- Develop and design new tools and dies, using computer-aided
- Set pyrometer controls of heat-treating furnaces and feed or
place parts, tools, or assemblies into furnaces to harden.
- HS diploma or equivalent degree OR 5 years experience.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it!
Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is
an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or
ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any
other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal
laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Tempe , Maintenance Tool and Die Machinist, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!