Money Transfer Check Processing Specialist
- Requisition # 10041796-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Date Posted 04/22/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
(MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by
S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we're 13,000
colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client,
organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values,
developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect.
It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and
diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and
agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by
asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and
be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
We're seeking a Transaction Banking Specialist to perform the
Proof and Reconciliation and Undeliverable Mail functions at the
Bank, which include responsibilities that are time-sensitive and
require meticulous record keeping. You will need to reconcile and
resolve any discrepancies and provide management with the details
necessary to minimize exposure.
To assist the section in fulfilling its objectives, the
Incumbent's functions, 'in order of importance', include: Timely
and accurate POD & In-clearing Processing. Daily, Weekly, and
monthly customer statement Processing. Timely and accurate customer
Mail Deposits processing. Check Verification of all checks over
$25K. Management Reporting. Workflow Management and Quality
Control. The incumbent is also required to participate in all
scheduled required UAT testing related to Check 21 project upgrades
and their implementation.
POD & In-clearing Processing
- Pull Inclearing files for all branches, from the FED and fix
repairs for proof and submission to systems department for posting
- Scan checks received for deposit thru Vision IP for NY, Chicago
and LA Branches
- Coordinate and reconcile all NYB, Chicago and LA Branches POD
files for transmission to the FED via Vision IP Axway.
Statement / Advice Processing
- Build Recon/IRIS Database in Vision IP
- Initiate Statement Processing in IRIS for transmission to
- Participation in EOM Statement Creation via VPN on a rotating
- Process daily mail deposits, ensuring all processing
requirements are satisfactory fulfilled, (e.g., verifying account
name and number correspond).
- Coordinate with Front Office in the resolution of identified
discrepancies. Track and ensure inquiries are resolved within
prescribed time frames.
- Maintain Log used to track accounts that do not have preprinted
Antinori (Fraud Detection)
- Review and Analyze checks presented for payment reflected on
ASI report for Suspicion of Fraud.
- Refer suspect checks to Front Office for disposition.
- Track and ensure referred items are resolved within prescribed
- Download and print Deposit Returns PDF from the Fed.
- Notify Front Office of Deposit Returns for Disposition.
- Settle Deposit Returns via OVS DD100 transaction between
Customer's account and Fed.
On Us Returns
- Obtain instructions from Front Office of referred Check
Verification/Antinori Check Suspects to be returned to the BOFD
- Create Cash Letter for Transmission to the Fed via Axway.
- Settle On-Us Returns via OVS DD100 and DD300 Transaction
between Customer's account and Fed.
- Notify the Bank of First Deposit thru EARNS Notification for
checks $2,500.00 and greater.
- Perform the signature verification process, ensuring that:
signatures match the Bank's signature verification file and
identified discrepancies are resolved and reported in accordance
with established procedures.
- Conduct the 'check review process' identifying and promptly
reporting discrepancies related to: numerical and written dollar
amounts; encoded bar; endorsements and "stale dates".
- Prepare required statistical reports, providing Management with
data necessary for evaluating productivity, efficiency, and
quality, and implementing revised and/or new practices for
correcting identified problems Transfer Pricing.
- Identify, report, and resolve identified discrepancies - in
accordance with established procedures.
- Identify process and procedural related issues that may
encumber efficiency; implement and monitor cost-effective 'action
plans' designed to resolve said issues.
- Respond to Mail Deposit inquiries, ensuring timely resolution
of reported issues.
- Assist Officer in Reporting and resolving identified
discrepancies in a timely manner.
- HS Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum 1-3 years back office operations experience.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Accounting Skills Preferred.
- Knowledge of Check 21 Vision IP Processing a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and
skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds,
perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create
opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not
discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such
as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness
of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment
decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire
into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made.
Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have
been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain