Full-Stack Developer (Lead)
Company: Benchmark Education Company
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Software Engineer / Technical Lead
This position is in our Phoenix AZ technology office, but the
team primarily works remotely, with a few meetings in the onsite
office in AZ.
The Software Engineering Technical Lead leverages software
engineering principles, expertise, and team management experience
to lead teams to develop and fix features of software developed by
Benchmark's Software Engineering department. Benchmark Education
builds software to meet the challenges facing literacy learners and
teachers. Our software enables and supports a wide range of next
generation learning experiences with the promise of doing even more
with the right technology team members. The Software Engineering
Technical Lead leads internal BEC teams or development partner
teams to design, build, and manage customer facing and back-end
technology solutions using a variety of technologies.
- Lead and manage an internal or outsourced Agile software
development team taking responsibility for solving one or many
- Competent at turning ideas into code, and making that code
usable by your teammates, and the company at scale.
- Advance our goals around quality and engineering
- Review code pull requests for solution completeness and
adherence to coding practices and standards.
- Test, analyze data, and improve constantly.
- Capable of moving from prototype to production and taking
responsibility for the full life cycle of a component.
Job Requirements/Skills and Experience
- At least 8 years of experience and a bachelor's degree in
computer science or related field is preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise with Computer Science principles in
object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithm design and
- Experience leading or managing small agile development teams,
guiding and reviewing the deliverables of each member on the
- Expertise in at least one of the following, preferred expertise
in more than one:
- PHP 7.x
- Ability to work in a collaborative Agile environment
Understanding of all elements of the software development life
cycle, including planning, development, requirements management,
configuration management, quality assurance, and release
- React framework and Redux state management
- CSS, LESS, or SASS
- Unit testing with Jest, Enzyme, Mocha and Chai
- Frameworks such as React, Redux, Backbone, or Vue JS
- Data visualization packages such as D3
- Application and Service development experience:
- SQL and NoSQL datastores such as MySQL and MongoDB
- Familiarity with basic design patterns and UML
- Familiarity with PHP 7.x, Laravel, and PHP Unit
- Familiarity with Spring projects for Java
- AWS technologies: RDS (Aurora), Elastic Beanstalk, ECS,
RedShift, EC2, SQS, SNS, CloudWatch, S3, or CloudFront
- Container technologies, e.g., Kubernetes, Docker, Apache
- Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong
communication skills and work ethic; self-starter.
- Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts,
and contribute to the development of innovative principles and
- Experience working on unusually complicated problems and
providing solutions that are highly creative and ingenious,
exhibiting ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
Benchmark Education Company is a leading publisher of core,
supplemental, and intervention literacy and language resources in
English and Spanish, both print and digital, as well as world-class
professional development. Since its founding in 1998, our company
has proven to be one of the most nimble and innovative content
creators on the cutting edge of pedagogy and technology. The
digital content in our many online and hybrid learning programs
delivers all the rigor of its print counterpart and is designed for
remote and blended learning contexts.
Our powerful and research-validated programs give diverse
learners, including English Learners, precisely the support they
need to accelerate achievement. Our mission is to connect children
to the world through text, building knowledge and perspectives. Our
content-rich and culturally relevant texts feature explicit
instruction in close reading and analysis, social emotional
learning, multiple perspectives, and authentic literature,
reflecting the complexity and dimensions of the world.
We are committed to providing thorough support for responsive
teaching, with targeted and sustained professional development, a
full range of customizable literacy solutions, exceptional quality,
deep and effective support for distance learning, and dedicated
For further information, visit us at:
*Benchmark Education Publishing (BEC) and its affiliates are
proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Benchmark Education Company, Tempe , Full-Stack Developer (Lead), Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!