Senior Offering Manager
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team
of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things
that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling
jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and
even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell
isn't just about developing cool things. That's why our employees
enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different
fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
- Product Offerings: Responsible for managing our UAS offerings,
including Cloud based Digital Platform, Avionics, Propulsion
Systems, and Mechanical Systems.
- Market Problems & Definition: Identify, define and quantify
wants and needs of our market segments. Able to identify market
segments, quantify and size them in terms of potential unit sales
and revenue, and growth rates over time. Identify and integrate
business trends relevant to small and large drones, other unmanned
aircraft and governmental regulatory requirements into our product
planning process to develop products that the market wants.
Identify and understand various end OEM and Operator personas.
- Roadmap: Develop the roadmap for our offerings, including the
associated business cases and market requirements documents.
- Product Development: Develop close relationships with program
managers and engineers to create technical requirements and drive
the development and certification of our products, to be delivered
on time and on budget. Take the lead of scrum teams as the Product
Owner. Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development
for the offering. Provide backlog management, iteration planning,
and elaboration of the user stories.
- Innovation: Conceive of new product and service offerings,
including breakthrough initiatives.
- Technology Assessment: Together with engineering, as required,
assess various technologies for their ability to complement or
compete with our offerings.
- Pricing: Develop pricing for our offerings. Evaluate various
subscription offerings as part of our offering strategy.
- Messaging and Positioning: Develop messaging, positioning and
unique selling propositions for our UAS offerings, to communicate
the value and benefits of our offerings and differentiate our
offerings from our competition.
- Product Understanding: Learn UAS offerings and related products
to the level of being a subject matter expert of those products.
Also be deeply knowledgeable in all aspects of Urban Air Mobility
and Unmanned Aerial Systems and in related fields such as
automobile telematics and Internet of Things.
- Marketing Plan: Work with product marketing and marketing
communications resources to develop, implement and measure the
results of marketing plans.
- Sales Enablement: Conceptualize, develop and deliver training
presentations, written sales training materials and sales tools
that explain our connected and subscription offerings, which
customers are targets for them, how to sell it to them - including
concrete value propositions, how to address objections. Develop
competitive strategies and playbooks.
- Competitive analysis and response: Analyze our competitors'
business, product and sales/marketing strategies and develop
effective counter-strategies that enable our salespeople to win
- Marketing Content: Work with customer marketing to deliver
engaging and persuasive content, sales decks, product demos, sales
tools, marketing collateral, brochures, data sheets, other
collateral, case studies, webinars, YouTube demos, sales training
materials, and any other required content. You will personally
develop, write and record the content. Must be able to identify
different customer types and develop content tailored for
- Product launches: Plan and implement the strategy for new
product launches, collaborating with sales, product management,
customer support, marketing communications and others to ensure
well-coordinated execution and measure success.
- Public Speaking: Deliver compelling presentations to small &
large groups about our strategies and offerings.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of experience in core product management roles
- All applicants must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents
- MBA in marketing with significant coursework in finance
- Experience leading scrum teams as a product owner
- Knowledge of FAA certification procedures is highly
- Experience with "software as a service" ("SaaS") business
models and subscription plans that have monthly recurring payments
and their associated business models
- Interest in aviation is highly desirable
- Proven track record in the product management process. We value
direct experience (experiencing directing others to do the work
does not qualify under this section).
- Familiarity with both the Honeywell IPD process and agile
development methodologies (scrum)
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and developing complex financial and
- Excellent written and spoken English, with impeccable grammar
- Excellent presentation skills, including the ability to develop
professional-looking PowerPoint slides
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in each of the
responsibilities identified above
- Able to translate technical concepts into layman's terms, must
be able to extrapolate the customer benefits of various features
and functions and articulate them in compelling oral and written
- Self-starter - type of individual who can start and execute
without being asked by others. Able to identify and implement
solutions despite high degrees of ambiguity and uncertainty
- Quick learner and must be able to respond to a variety of sales
and marketing inquiries with tight deadlines
- Ability to easily interact with a demanding group of sales and
marketing team members, appropriately juggling requests from
- Clarity of thinking - able to think clearly and directly
- JOB ID: req261369
- Category: Business Management
- Location: 21111 N. 19th Ave (Deer
- Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent
resident or have protected status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color,
national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Keywords: Honeywell, Tempe , Senior Offering Manager, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!