POSITION: Leasing Community Intern (Temporary, Non-Exempt)
COMPENSATION: Hourly Rate, plus Bonus eligibility
As a Leasing Community Intern, you must have the ability to
deliver high quality customer service and dedication to our
residents. Leasing Community Interns (LCIs) must possess the skills
to cooperate and collaborate as a team. The Leasing Community
Intern also strives for 100% occupancy through retention of
existing residents, leasing current availability and pre-leasing of
RESPONSIBILITIES (Including but not limited to)
- Be an ambassador for customer service by consistently going
above and beyond to ensure that Cardinal customers are
- Administrative Front Desk tasks and duties.
- Participate in Cardinal Way of Leasing (CWoL) training as
- Utilize the Cardinal Way of Leasing by:
- Warmly greeting prospective clients
- Answering incoming leasing calls
- Determining needs and preferences
- Professionally presenting the community and apartment
- Utilizing feature/benefit selling
- Closing the sale
- Following up
- Complete all lease applications and lease file paperwork.
- Required to pass third party leasing shops and become Cardinal
Way of Leasing certified.
- Maintain accurate lease file documentation in accordance with
company policy; participate in lease file audits as assigned by the
- Be an expert on current market conditions and trends, by
shopping competition and attending Cardinal trainings.
- Maintain cleanliness of the tour path to ensure for a positive
first impression of the community.
- Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude with team
members, residents, prospective residents, and vendors.
- Participate in and assist with planning community events.
- Assist with various additional community projects as assigned
by the Community Manager.
- Participate in Cardinal U training as required.
- "On-call" responsibilities (lock-outs, nightly rounds,
- Required to work evenings and weekends
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be enrolled in a degree program at an accredited college
or university, with a minimum of 6 credit hours.
- Must have completed a minimum of one year at the enrolled
accredited college or university.
- Must maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average. GPA
will be verified on an annual basis. Failure to maintain a minimum
2.5 cumulative GPA may result in probation, suspension or release
from the Community Intern position.
- Must be a current or future leaseholder of community.
- Must live on designated community floor, per community
guidelines, as assigned by Community Manager.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Available to be scheduled for work approximately 20 hours per
- Available evenings and weekends.
- Ability to embody the Cardinal Culture and Cardinal's Core
Values every day.
REVIEW PERIOD: Community Interns will be required to re-apply
for the Community Intern position annually. Pervious employment
does not represent a commitment to rehire the Team Member.
Exceptions may be granted by a Portfolio Manager on an individual
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Incumbents work both inside and outside of
apartment buildings and in all areas of the property including
amenities and have frequent exposure to outside elements where
temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is
regularly required to use hands to finger, type, handle, or feel
and talk or hear. The Team Member regularly required to stand;
walk; reach with hands and arms, and climb, stoop, or squat.
Incumbents must be able to physically access all exterior and
interior parts of the property and amenities and must be able to
work inside and outside in all weather conditions including, but
not limited to rain, snow, heat, hail, wind and sleet. The Team
Member must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights
of up to forty (40) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
Rare local travel may be required to assist properties as
needed, attend training classes or other situations necessary for
the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive
list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will
follow any other instructions, and perform any other related
duties, as assigned by their Team Leader.