Company: CGI Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 11, 2021
As Major Incident Specialist in CGI, your involvement in the
achievements of the team's objectives is to contribute to:
Ownership of the Major Incident Management process (as defined by
the Information Technology Infrastructure Library - ITIL) and will
drive improvement year over year. This person will provide
direction, process, definitions, and support technologies to ensure
that standardized methods and procedures are used for efficient and
prompt handling of all incidents. The goal of Major Incident
Management is to minimize the impact of any related incidents upon
service across internally managed and vendor-managed systems.
Primary responsibilities of this position include oversight of the
CGI Infrastructure Support personnel who are responsible for the
actual hands-on delivery of services. The individual who fills this
role is responsible for managing outcomes and results. The
activities that this individual will oversee include:
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Support Major Incident Management processes,
• Drive Incident Management resolution, by facilitation of
technical bridge throughout the event lifecycle
• Document fix actions and provide detailed summaries to Client
Delivery Representatives and CGI Executive Leadership
• Through internal tools and processes constantly, communicate with
Team Members, Technical Support Team, Client Delivery, and CGI
• Establish best practices and processes for managing Major
Incidents in the areas of quality. Manage operational compliance
with terms and conditions through SLAs, KPIs, etc. Find problems.
Own results. Make improvements.
• Advising senior management on the following during the incident
• Perform Notification and Performance of the process
• Identify Significant trends and recommended actions
• Provide future recommendations for tool and process
• Anticipate areas where potential issues with may arise, develop
action plans to avoid those issues
• Fundamentally improve the value equation for delivery of IT
capabilities - across the entire IT department
• Contribute your ideas! Conceive, propose, and be prepared to
execute your best ideas to move the entire Infrastructure
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Essential knowledge/skills/experience in this role:
• 3-5 years in IT support environment (helpdesk experience, network
or server administrator, etc).
• College degree or equivalent experience in IT domain.
• Facilitation or Presentation training.
• Good knowledge of Windows platforms, UNIX, Mainframe and AS/400
knowledge is an advantage.
• Good knowledge of network technology (TCP-IP, Token-ring,
• Good knowledge of MS-Office and Visio.
• Knowledge of a Service Management Tool Suite
• Track record of building relationships within and across teams
and with external partners/vendors
• Ability to motivate others to complete and agreement or
assignment that is mutually beneficial
• Demonstrated ability to drive change through influence without
direct management authority
• Self-starter with high energy to meet the needs of a demanding
business and IT environment
• Problem-solving ability
• Ability to multi-task with outstanding organizational skills
• Outstanding negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• ITIL certification are highly preferred
• Candidate must have extremely strong leadership skills along with
strong analytical skills.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
• Responsibility includes 7/24 rotation schedule, including nights
• Manage and facilitate, unresolved severity 1 and 2 incidents /
requests referred to internal and external support teams until
resolution and provide regular updates to various clients and all
levels of CGI Leadership
• Provide outage notifications (e-mail, e-page, and phone) to CGI
and its client's executive management during major outages.
• Participate on Incident Review sessions for various accounts.
• Provide on-going support on technical and procedural issues.
• Communicate with Customer (written, verbally, face-to-face).
• Perform various clerical tasks.
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
IT Service Management Experience 3 - 5 Intermediate
Infrastructure Incident Management 3 - 5 Intermediate
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• ITIL Certification
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital
transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of
this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering
our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our
professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards
that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of
ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and
business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex,
religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status,
disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran
status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression,
familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any
other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job
in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance
mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to
reference the requisition number of the position in which you are
interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate
recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email
address is only to be used for those individuals who need an
accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or
those that do not include a requisition number will not be
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click
here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and
transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the
ability to successfully complete a background investigation.
Background investigation components can vary dependent upon
specific assignment and/or level of US government security
clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with
all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against
employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Analytical Thinking
- Customer Service & Support
- IT Service Management
- Microsoft Office
- Problem Solving/DecisionMaking
- Team Player
Keywords: CGI Group, Inc., Tempe , Incident Manager, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!