Company: Trane Technologies
Posted on: June 11, 2021
At Trane Technologies®
we Challenge Possible. Our brands
– including Trane®
and Thermo King®
- create access to cooling
and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and
perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less
environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon
emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly
challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Why Trane Is The Best Company for Controls
- Trane is recognized world wide as the brand standard for HVAC
and Building Controls Systems
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program
including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are
highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry
(we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM)
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and
sustainability (green initiatives)
- Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed
laptop, and smart phone
In this position you will be
installing (commissioning), troubleshooting, repairing, and
programming environmental control systems. In order to perform your
task you will utilize your knowledge of electronics (board level
troubleshooting), direct digital controls, airflow, hydronics,
refrigeration theory, and building control techniques. You will be
the lead technical person on the project site for Trane.
- Responsible for end to end testing, programming, starting up,
commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects.
- Setup the graphical interface and network connections for the
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer
contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on
assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying,
analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at
- Coordinates with team leader and customer to precisely
understand requirements for all on-site installation and repairs by
extensively examining building layouts, forecasting issues,
gathering materials and synchronizing onsite work.
- Assists with directing electrical and mechanical subcontractors
with control system installation.
- Assists design team with drawing generation and
- Uses a variety of hand tools, interpreting control drawings,
plans, and specifications, to mount, assemble, test, and program
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and repairs direct digital control systems
at customer's location.
- Performs preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacement,
and modifications as needed or requested by customers.
- Prepares for on-site installation and repairs by examining
building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials and
coordinating on-site work, as necessary.
- Maintains assigned stock of inventory, company equipment, and
documents all related activities.
- Keeps current on Trane products concerning installation,
operation, maintenance, service, and repair of direct digital
- Maintains accurate project documents and assists with project
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and
maintains security and accountability of company issued and
procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining
flexibility to work overtime and weeks as the business requires,
including occasional overnight stays.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required. A minimum of
5+ years of experience in HVAC/Controls or equivalent combination
of education (Technical School) and experience is
- Demonstrated knowledge of complicated mechanical, electrical,
and controls systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of complex HVAC systems and their
general sequence of operations. Ability to act as subject matter
expert when troubleshooting systems.
- Demonstrated ability to transform system sequence of operations
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits
and programs that help our employees thrive in both their
professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning
culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share
passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly
challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective
of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status,
disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected
Keywords: Trane Technologies, Tempe , Controls Installer, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!