Ld Medical Assistant
Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Lead Medical Assistant performs all duties of the Medical
Assistant while functioning as the resource person to non-licensed
staff. This position acts as a working lead for the day to day
operations of the designated clinic. The lead is a liaison between
management and staff and keeps the leadership team apprised of
early personnel issues. The daily duties of this position include
direction of work flow and patient care under a licensed health
care professional. The position drives communication between
clinical staff to ensure safety, quality, and overall process
compliance. The Lead Medical Assistant reports to the Manager,
Ambulatory Business Operations. Additional direction is received
from the Clinical Manager, Division Chief, RN's, PA's and/or
Physician Leads as appropriate.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Provides floor leadership to assigned clinic(s).
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to appointment &
schedule management, daily room oversight, daily staffing
assignment, and compliance monitoring to ensure appropriate
- Leads and facilitates daily huddles for effective and efficient
clinical and service operations.
- Assists with direct patient care.
- This position is a working lead that has the ability to work as
a Medical Assistant as needed.
- Communicates effectively to families and co-workers while
demonstrating a caring attitude.
- Initiates first-line service recovery when appropriate.
- Assists with staff supervision and oversight.
- Continually monitors staff competency and scope of practice and
reports observed concerns to clinical or operational manager as
- Includes monitoring of policies, procedures, and compliance of
diagnostic tests including follow up communication with
- Performs quality audits as directed.
- Facilitates completion of occurrence reports when needed.
- Serves as a resource to ensure proper on boarding & training of
- Specific duties include but are not limited to: preceptor
course completion, peer leadership training, service excellence &
patient flow expectations, and use of tools for reporting (clinic
timing, no-show, health information system and occurrence
- Is responsible for successful and effective Interdepartmental
and Interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Collaborates daily with other leads, Business Manager, Clinical
Manager, RN's, NP's and Physicians as needed to ensure smooth,
efficient flow for quality patient care. Daily reporting includes
but is not limited to written &/or verbal documentation of
concerns/suggestions to include patient data & staffing concerns,
through-put issues/suggestions, and supply/equipment
inventory/issues to Manager as appropriate.
- Works alongside peers with responsibilities in addition to
existing patient care role.
- Is responsible for maintaining credentials, certifications, and
- Participates in conferences and meetings for educational
- Represents the department as a leader (first adopter) on
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Tempe , Ld Medical Assistant, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!