Sr. Manager -Retail Systems Engineering and Tools
Company: Circle K Stores, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Reporting to the Director of Retail Systems, North America. The
Sr. Manager of Retail Systems, Engineering and Tools will be
responsible in leading a technical team of IT Analysts, Architects
and Business Analysts in maintaining and delivering functionality
and technology solutions to our stores across North America,
supporting the organization's portfolio of Retail Systems. Working
closely with fuel brands and external technology vendor partners,
internal Operations, Marketing, Fuels, and Finance teams. Being
project focused specifically on the design and build phases
involving the POS systems in North America. Some of the activities
from this group involves, building Retail Systems labs, unit
testing new software and configuration changes, creating automated
processes and tools, supporting the QA team in investigating
unexpected results, developing implementation guides, and
supporting pilots of new solutions. This role requires an ability
to share and communicate ideas clearly, both orally and in writing,
to executive staff, business sponsors, and technical resources in
clear concise language.
- Lead the engineering team to define business requirements and
deliver solutions that meet business objectives.
- Define and build solutions that enable new capabilities and
resolve issues within the following domains: Store POS, payment
terminals, loyalty integration, forecourt integration and other
- Analyze project scope and effectively estimate effort, resource
capacity, and timeline.
- Establish achievable due dates and ensure team is equipped and
engaged to deliver quality work within established due dates.
- Manage the operational and capital budget for contract
resources within the team.
- Review and analyze existing Retail Systems effectiveness and
efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging
these systems as part of the North American Retail Systems
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of Retail Systems technical
and business best practices as part of the North American Retail
Systems Leadership Team.
- Research and make recommendations on Retail Systems products
and services in support of procurement and development
- Manage resource capacity and distribution of work across full
time and contract staff.
- Collaborate with external Retail Systems vendor partners, fuel
brand partners and business leaders in the requirement gathering
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new
Retail Systems under consideration to determine its intended
functionality and applicability to Circle K's environment.
- Ensure that any new system integration into Circle K's Retail
Systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and
- Team management. Provide a strategic view and implement changes
to structure to evolve, develop and build the group to a
- 3-5 years successful leadership of an information technology
- Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and
implementation of software solutions and/or
- In depth knowledge of and experience with one or more major
- Proven experience in managing business systems development
processes and tools.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best
practices and methodologies.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to
project-based work structures.
- Knowledge of convenience and fuel retail POS systems is
- Excellent understanding of the organization's goals and
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and
- Ability to conduct research into application issues and
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent project
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Bachelor's Degree in the field of computer science and/or 7-10
years equivalent work experience
Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act
(the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with
disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under
the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it
does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the
Company's Human Resources Representative if you need assistance
completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application
Click below to review information about our company's use of the
federal E-Verify program to check work eligibility:
Keywords: Circle K Stores, Inc., Tempe , Sr. Manager -Retail Systems Engineering and Tools, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!