Marketing Design Coordinator - Tempe, Arizona
Company: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company)
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Job Description Summary
With direction from the Sr. Staff Engineer, Molding, the
incumbent shall provide a leading molding role in planning and
execution of medical device projects for the BD Interventional
(BDI) Business. He/ She shall provide molded plastic part design
feedback and be in the molding subject matter expert (SME) for
cross functional teams as applicable. In this capacity, the
incumbent must be capable of specifying molding equipment, maintain
timelines, associated project budgets and actively de-risk all
aspects for the molding development. This role will require regular
updates to the supporting management, cross-function teams(s) and
BDI Operational leadership. This position will require 25% travel
that can be unevenly distributed throughout the year and can exceed
25% when business requirements are needed.
- Provide molding expertise in plastic components, design for
manufacturability /mold-ability, design for improved / best in
class tooling and scientific molding principles.
- Communicates, leads and executes molding activities; this
includes but is not limited to tool design reviews, factory
acceptance, site acceptance, process develop and validation of
- Actively participates in New Product Development (NPD) core
teams as required
- Works both independently and/or collectively to develop project
plans and execution of prioritizing and scheduling assignments to
meet business goals.
- Able to train, mentor and counsel core team members in the area
of proper manufacturability of low and high volume molded
- Creates, develops and maintains relationships with vendors to
posture BD to save time, money and risk to the business.
- Regularly interfaces with various R&D, Quality,
Manufacturing, etc. functions to establish collaborative and
reciprocal relationships to overcome molding improvement and new
- Other items as require by manager
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's Degree in Plastics Engineering Technology or
- 3+ years of relevant injection molding and tooling
- Ability to interpret, edit and correct part drawings, solid
models and molding simulations
- Understanding of GD&T
- Understanding of project management and budgeting
- Ability to execute scientific molding principles with a full
- Internal: Plant molding engineering personnel, BDX molding
engineering personnel, product design / R&D personnel, quality
personnel and metrology personnel, etc.
- External: Molding equipment (IMMs, molds, etc.) vendors, sales
engineers, contract engineers, metrology vendors, etc.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex,
creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or
domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics,
disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work Location
USA NJ - Franklin Lakes
USA NC - Research Triangle Park
Keywords: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Tempe , Marketing Design Coordinator - Tempe, Arizona, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!