Sr. Superintendent (Healthcare)
Company: Johnson Carlier, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Johnson Carlier, a Big-D Company, has an opportunity for a
Senior Superintendent to join our team of construction
professionals based in the Phoenix, AZ area. Local subcontractor
market and industry experience is HIGHLY PREFERRED.
This position is responsible for providing overall on-site
leadership for the project team including supervision, schedule and
financial management, Subcontractor relations, and other related
Experience being the Lead Superintendent on Healthcare projects
(Hospitals, clinics, labs, surgical centers, etc.) is required.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Manage safety, quality, schedule, production, logistics and
- Represents the company in meetings and interfaces with all
- Coordinates and directs all subcontractor and vendors
- Works with the project team to establish goals and develop
- Assumes responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient
use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the
- Works closely with city officials in requesting and
coordinating applicable inspections, including starting dialogue
with officials from day one
- Verifies to ensure subcontractor completes the assigned scope
- Seeks to learn changes in the industry
- 15 years or more of related experience working on commercial
construction projects as a Superintendent
- Local subcontractor market and industry experience
- Experience being the Lead Superintendent on Healthcare projects
(Hospitals, clinics, labs, surgical centers, etc.) is
- Possess strong computer skills; proficient in MS Excel, MS
Word, MS Outlook, Procore, P6
- Ability to effectively lead and manage teams.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with project
team, customers, subcontractors, vendors, inspectors, and employees
at all levels of the organization.
- Extensive knowledge of established construction practices,
procedures, and techniques as well as applicable local, state and
federal building codes.
- Ability to read and understand work orders, budget, change
orders, safety standards, plans specifications, shop drawings, blue
prints, submittals, manufacturer's literature, contract documents
and specifications, and CPM schedules.
- Understand construction scheduling and sequencing
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in the
- Thorough and attentive to details; extremely organized and able
to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization
- FREE Medical and Dental Insurance for employees and
- Employer Contribution into Health Savings Account (HSA) each
- 401k with Employer match
- Life Insurance
- Optional Supplemental benefits
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Company Vehicle, mobile phone, and computer
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process please contact Human Resources at
Keywords: Johnson Carlier, Inc., Tempe , Sr. Superintendent (Healthcare), Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!