DevOps Cloud Principal Architect
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team
of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things
that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an
eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making
it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things.
That's why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career
opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The Enterprise Services Organization designs, implements and
operates a state-of-the-art Information Systems Infrastructure
serving around 110,000 employees, in over 900 locations across 65
plus countries. We work with the latest and emerging technologies
to deliver scalable, high performing, always available
infrastructure services around the world. We deliver services that
connect, host, virtualize, store, collaborate, integrate, compute
and transact business solutions that utilizes cloud first,
automation, analytics, "as a Service", BIG data and software
As a member of Cloud Computing team, you will be responsible for
architecture and design of Honeywell's Hybrid Cloud service
supporting internal and external customers. We are looking for a
highly motivated self-starter and a change agent with experience
and desire to drive organizations to be successful on the
cutting-edge Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, Private Cloud). You
will be asked to provide guidance across data, compute, storage,
network, virtualization, containerization and Security and help
transform the organizations to take advantage of DevSecOps, CI/CD
and agile methodologies.
- Drive and deliver a comprehensive global cloud solution that is
leverageable by the entire IT service portfolio.
- Drive the transformation of legacy solutions to contemporary
solutions using the Internet, Cloud, XaaS, Open Source, etc.
- Drive the evolution of architectural standards and designs
using consistent service standards that are global, agile, scalable
and easy to maintain.
- Create compelling business cases around problems, outcomes,
risks, benefits and the financial justification required to execute
- Ensure cloud solutions that meet cyber safety, compliance and
regulatory requirements of the business.
- Ensure solutions conform to Corporate and Industry standards,
are documented, kept current and keep pace with business
- Ensure cloud offerings are highly available, redundant, fault
tolerant, diverse and affordable.
- Drive roadmaps and timelines for new cloud capabilities and
- Ensure an Automate first culture that builds in optimization
and automation opportunities from the onset, and accelerates
adoption and rollout plans in the existing infrastructure.
- Act as a trusted advisor with businesses, internal teams,
supplier partners, end-users, and solution providers to ensure
processes and tools are in place and/or are followed to support the
environment and meet business needs.
- Conduct POCs and Cloud placement/Cloud fit studies to help
organization to make better business decisions in leveraging Cloud
- Enhance Honeywell's Cloud Center of Excellence by defining and
governing architectural standards/principles, global product
security guidelines, cloud governance.
- Stay current with IaaS & PaaS trends and research and implement
containerization of cloud offerings.
- Actively facilitate and drive Cloud technology decisions within
the organization and drive "Cloud First" strategy.
YOU MUST HAVE
- BS Degree required.
- 9+ years of experience in all aspects of cloud computing
(compute, storage, platforms, data, and security).
- 3+ years designing and managing Private cloud infrastructures
using VMware technologies (ESX, vSphere, vRealize Automation,
vRealize Orchestration and NSX).
- 3+ years designing and managing Public/Private cloud
infrastructures using Amazon Web Services (AWS) (including Control
Tower/Landing Zone, Config, Systems Manager, IAM Custom Roles/Cross
Account Roles, IAM custom Policy, EC2, S3, Cloud Front, Elastic
File System, RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud
Trail, Cloud Formation, Red shift, EMR and IAM).
- 3+ years designing and managing Public/Private cloud
infrastructures using Microsoft Azure (including Blueprints, Azure
Policy, Azure Custom Roles, Virtual Machines, Azure Storage, Azure
CDN, Azure File Storage, Azure SQL DB, VNet, Express Route, Azure
DNS, Application Insights, Azure Monitor, Resource Manager, VM
Extensions, Azure Automation, Azure Active Directory and Role Based
- MS Degree.
- Architecture experience with a proven track-record in
implementing large scale cloud environments.
- Hands on experience in cloud computing-based services
architecture, technical design and implementations including IaaS
- Hands on experience of fault tolerant cloud-native
infrastructure services leveraging API's, micro-services,
containerization, auto-scaling, service orchestration and
infrastructure as code deployment models.
- Hands on experience with AWS and Azure operation
- Experience in drawing architectural diagrams in Visio.
- Microsoft Azure Expert Level Certifications and/or Amazon AWS
Professional level Certifications.
- Hands on experience with AWS CloudFormation templates/ Azure
ARM Templates and Terraform.
- Strong ability to develop/code solutions to create Honeywell
internal customer facing *X as a Service type offerings by
utilizing REST APIs (Examples, Service Now, Infoblox, AWS/Azure
REST API, etc.) to programmatically deliver complex solutions.
- Strong ability to design and develop scalable automation to
quickly and accurate be ran against large enterprise cloud
- Experience in Azure Stack Hub or AWS Outposts for remote sites
is a huge plus.
- Understanding complex routing within Azure / AWS which includes
inter region routing with native AWS Network Firewall / Azure
Firewall in place for Hub and Spoke network topology designs.
- Experience in working with Enterprise counterparts in Security,
Networking, Firewall to both design and deliver future solutions as
well as partner to quickly identify RCAs of more complex
- Experience in automating infrastructure, testing, and
deployments in Cloud with tools such as: Chef, Ansible, Atlassian
Suite (Bamboo, Bitbucket, etc.) to provide a version controlled and
regulated promote to prod environment for enacting changes on the
- Experience in implementation and best practices for
autoscaling, load balancing and DR/Active Active cloud application
- Experience in SSO/Federation and User/Service Principal
restrictive RBAC structures and permission control design in
Microsoft Azure and AWS.
- Working knowledge of config management tools (Chef, Puppet &
Ansible) as well as cloud native configuration management tools
(AWS Systems Manager, Azure Automation, etc.).
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure automation, CI/CD,
networking, storage, and cloud-based delivery models.
- Thorough understanding of common and complex application
architecture designs which include multi-region, cloud native
integrations (GRS/LRS storage, native databases,), SSL
Certification Management and SSL Termination techniques to provide
guidance on industry best practices for high availably and
geo-locational redundancy for business critical applications.
- Through understanding of Cloud native, vendor agnostic & cloud
ready app development.
- Through understanding on Cloud Governance and Industry
Guidelines for secure operating platforms (CIS, NIST 800-191, CMMC,
- Knowledge of Cloud cost optimization techniques and custom
coding for reporting metrics; Experience in one or more automation
languages (AWS/Azure CLI (Windows or Linux), Python, Ruby,
- Knowledge of Cloud native containerization solutions (AWS ECS
Fargate/EKS Azure AKS).
- Knowledge in cloud monitoring tools, application performance
monitoring tools and operational dashboarding.
- Knowledge of AWS Direct Connect / Azure ExpressRoute, AWS
Transit Gateway/Azure VNET Peering, Private Link, VPN and other
Public Cloud connectivity solutions.
- Knowledge in networking and web standards such as DNS, DHCP,
TCP/IP, HTTP, web security & firewalls with the ability to
troubleshoot and understand the network flow to identify and
- Excellent leadership communication, presentational skills, and
- Strong influencing, program, and change management skills.
- Strong business acumen and customer focus.
- Creation of resulted-oriented Platform Management Operations
Framework and Baseline.
- Effectively demonstrates ability to deliver on complex
situations or problems without guidance or supervision.
- Creative and collaborative problem-solving capability.
- Conveys specific, observable, and/or measurable expectations
for each assignment, and verifies understanding and agreement on
deliverables and timeframes.
- Consistently makes timely decisions even in the face of
complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness.
- Attract, motivate, and develop diverse talent.
- JOB ID: req276817
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: 1300 W Warner Rd.,Tempe,Arizona,85284,United
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color,
national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Keywords: Honeywell, Tempe , DevOps Cloud Principal Architect, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!