Head of Product Security
Company: SVB Financial Group
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Head of Product Security will be responsible for all aspects
of Silicon Valley Banks (SVBs) Product Security Program, a
corporate-wide initiative that supports SVBs business units in
delivering best in class, secure software products to customers. In
this role, you will set program strategy, manage security
engagements with SVB business units, and maintain key relationships
with SVBs product/application engineers. Working with other leaders
you will help define and build product security capabilities. This
position will be part of SVBs Global Security Organization and will
report to the Chief Security Officer (CSO).
- Chair the SVB Product Security Working group, a
cross-functional network of SVBs product security stakeholders:
including engineers, security professionals, and software product
- Maintain the strategic roadmap for SVB's product security
initiatives and measure program effectiveness.
- Lead the application security team, solely responsible for
developing strong cross-team relation with Product and Technology
organization, ensuring alignment, proactive work with stakeholders,
and assist with aligning business needs with security
- Develop technical programs, such as Security Development
Lifecycle (SDL) enhancement and implementation, product/application
security testing, product certification, and product security
incident response coordination.
- Lead product security engagements end-to-end by coordinating
security assessments, remediation planning, and secure development
- Establish and maintain relationships with SVBs software
engineers and product teams to collect requirements for
product/application security capabilities and projects.
- Coordinate with Technology and Product teams on product
security strategy and initiatives.
- Partner with the SVBs Training and Engineering teams to improve
and expand guidance, education, and tools for software
- Consult with SVBs Labs, product teams and software engineers on
threat modeling, secure software design, product security
assessments, and remediation of software vulnerabilities.
- Ensures all standards are adhered to throughout project
- Manage budgets and contracts associated with the
product/application security team.
- Maintain effective working relationships with peers to
seamlessly integrate new assessment services with overall
objectives and activities.
- Coordinates internal and external communication, issue
resolution, vendor relationships, testing plans, training plans,
and successful transition to additional security teams.
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
- Extensive experience in product/application security, software
development lifecycle (SDL) Implementation, secure coding
standards, and managing end-to-end security functions within a
- Extensive knowledge of information and physical/application
security issues and challenges.
- 10-15 years of working experience with information security
technologies and solutions.
- Direct experience working with Large Financial Institution
(LFI) to aligned with regulatory guidance in areas around
Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Data Management, or
- A strong team player with excellent analytical and consultative
- Organizational skills with attention to task details,
documentation, and target dates.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication
- Team orientated, willing to share knowledge and collaborate
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer
science or engineering and/or equivalent work experience.
Keywords: SVB Financial Group, Tempe , Head of Product Security, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!