Manager, Risk Manager
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent
examples of being named the most trusted company for customers. To
deliver on this reputation of trust, the Selling Partner Incident
Management (SPIM) team is tasked with investigating suspicious or
prohibited marketplace activities in order to protect Amazon
customers, sellers, and brand owners worldwide.
SPIM is a growing team that designs and implements policies,
tools and technology innovations with the overarching goal of
customer protection. We are looking for leaders who move fast,
exercise sound judgement, and have the entrepreneurial spirit to
create new solutions for complex problems. As a member of our team,
your decisions will be fundamental to creating a pleasant customer
experience, while maintaining an ecosystem of fairness and
accountability for sellers, vendors, and brands .
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of:
- Setting program strategy and delivering results.
- Leading teams in anticipating and mitigating high-impact
- Drafting and presenting deep-dive documents, including
responses to senior executives, public relations, or legal
- Analyzing existing policy and process gaps, and working with
multiple teams to address these vulnerabilities.
- Owning and/or managing projects designed to improve operational
and process efficiency, including accessing and analyzing data and
working extensively with external teams.
- Closely monitoring media and global events to anticipate and
mitigate potential risks. Being comfortable using data to analyze
trends, predict and fix problems before they happen.
- People management experience in risk-based, analytical, or
- Bachelor's degree
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Able to write, clearly and succinctly
- Exceptional ownership and bias for action
- Willing to move quickly and decisively to resolve an
- Strong critical thinker with the vision to work both tactically
- Proven analytical thinking with a natural tendency to use data
in decision-making and prioritization
- Excellent cross departmental collaboration skills
- High level of integrity and discretion to handle confidential
- Strong enthusiasm to provide superb customer service to
executive leadership and other key stakeholders
- Proven ability to bring clarity to ambiguous situation
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills to use hard
data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business
- Most investigations will be in English, however language skills
in Japanese, Arabic, German, Italian, Spanish, French, or other
non-English languages are a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Tempe , Manager, Risk Manager, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!