Law Enforcement Subject Matter Expert | Investigative Focus
Company: VirTra, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Job Location: Tempe, Arizona
Will direct the creation of law enforcement training content,
creation of written training material, and articles for
publication. Will establish and maintain relationships with
industry leaders to further VirTra's mission. Works directly with
Training and Curriculum (TAC) team to create realistic training
curriculum. Test and verify that new content and training systems
are immersive and effective training solutions. Demonstrates
VirTra's training systems to potential clients and business
partners. Will provide support as needed to better our sales and
- Coordinate training and curriculum creation and
- Create effective law enforcement curriculum.
- Willingness to conduct and publish research.
- Ability to present training, education and research to
audiences of 400+
- Utilize experience and knowledge to improve and expand law
enforcement training content such as investigative process,
domestic disturbances, active shooters, traffic stops, robberies,
and hostage scenarios with a clear understanding of VirTra's teach,
train, test and sustain methodology.
- Leads, manages, and supervises a department of artists and
editors assuring they will succeed in their productions.
- Work closely with project managers regarding team effort
estimations, scheduling, and project tracking
- Replicate real-life law enforcement situations through script
development, set design and planning, selection of actors/talent
and actor instruction and direction.
- Work with the TAC team to test and verify new scenarios for
effectiveness and immersion assuring that VirTra's high quality
standards are met.
- Liaise with law enforcement/military departments and personnel
to stay current on training objectives and topics needed for
realistic content and training development.
- Travel to production locations to assist TAC team with the
development of effective training.
- Provide feedback to content, software and hardware teams in
response to new product needs and market awareness
- Instruct clients (trainers) on how to properly utilize and
train their personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed to better the
department or company.
- Provides scheduling, time tracking and time off approvals for
- Must keep team member information confidential.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess or in process of pursuing advanced degree in an
- Highly self-motivated and organized
- Instructor certification preferred
- Positive, can-do attitude, with ability to lead development
team and manage network of key partners Extensive Investigative &
Training background during LE career
- Expert witness experience/certification preferred
- Detail-oriented and ability to handle various tasks
- Past experience with government/law enforcement rules and
regulations a plus.
- 15 to 20+ years of prior law enforcement experience
- Recent and relevant experience as a LE trainer in
investigations, evidence collection, scene processing.
- Involvement in critical encounters preferred.
- Knowledge of standard law enforcement policies, procedures and
- Force Science certified instructor required, FSI Certified Use
of Force Analyst preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to write, talk, hear and speak. Frequently the
employee will be required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers,
handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Will occasionally be
subject to outside environmental conditions and higher than normal
noise levels. Will be required to climb, kneel, crouch and lift
items of 60 lbs. or more. Visual acuity including color, depth
perception and field of vision required. Often will be required to
sit and work at a computer for multiple hours at a time which
requires repetitive motion of the wrist, hands and/or fingers.
Organization & Time Management
Additional Requirements, if any:
- Full time position consisting of 40+ hours per week; Typical
work schedule: 8:00 to 5:00, Monday - Friday but flexible work
hours required which could include evening or weekend work due to
video shoots, production deadlines, coordination of duties or
- Pre-employment drug test and background check required
- Travel required up to 15% of the time
Please note: Position will be based out of Tempe, AZ
disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Keywords: VirTra, Inc., Tempe , Law Enforcement Subject Matter Expert | Investigative Focus, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!