Molecular Technologist II-Genomics Lab
Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Molecular Technologist II performs and interprets standard,
complex and specialized genetic/genomic tests. The MT II has an
understanding of the underlying scientific principles of laboratory
as well as the technical, procedural, and problem-solving aspects.
The MT II correlates abnormal laboratory data with pathologic
states, determines validity of test results and need for additional
investigation. The MT II has an understanding of quality control
programs, and evaluates computer-generated data and troubleshoots
problems. The MT II is able to participate in the introduction,
investigation and implementation of new procedures and in the
evaluation of new instruments. The MT II understands and enforces
regulatory requirements and safety regulations. This position
receives supervision of completed work activities from the
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Performs full range of genetic/genomic laboratory procedures
including Sanger sequencing, next-generation sequencing,
chromosomal microarray, etc. Prepares, technically sound, accurate
and informative reports of standard, complex and specialized
genetic/genomic test results, analysis, and examinations to ensure
timely and thorough data for patient treatment decisions.
- Participates in the evaluation and/or development of new
procedures, instrumentation, and quality improvement initiatives.
Proactively evaluates practices and assists to create and implement
changes to increase and enhance the effectiveness of methods.
- Maintains professional and technical competency through
constantly pursuing knowledge and self-improvement by remaining
apprised of current literature, practices, and new developments in
the fields covered by medical technology.
- Differentiates and resolves technical, instrument, physiologic
causes of problems or unexpected test results to determine presence
of normal and abnormal components as related to specific job
function within the laboratory.
- Performs regular instrument maintenance in accordance with
established instructions. Identifies and troubleshoots malfunctions
to ensure continuous proper and safe operations.
- Assists peers with work assignments as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Tempe , Molecular Technologist II-Genomics Lab, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!