Food QA Specialist
Company: Circle K Stores, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
- Works closely with stores Management staff, Sales Associates
and District Managers within Operations along with other internal
departments as it relates to food service category.
- Assists with training as needed.
Aids with new store start-ups and remodels.
- Acts as a central contact person for stores for questions
regarding food service categories (i.e. discretionary decision-
making power to solve issues as they arise).
- Responsible for visiting all assigned Stores on a set schedule
to provide food safe-quality assurance monitoring functions.
- Reviews all food and beverage equipment, including warmers,
roller grills, microwaves, sandwich cases, condiment stations,
beverage machines, bakery cases, coolers, etc.
- Monitors temperature and time to Circle K standards.
Notifies appropriate person if something is found out of
- Assesses the cleanliness of all areas of the store including
food preparation areas, sinks, restrooms, security areas, storage
areas, garbage and sanitation areas, etc.
- Evaluates stocking and inventory supply of key food safety
- Reviews store health requirements to ensure they are being met;
addresses all critical violations immediately.
- Assists with addressing any issues found and helps handle
necessary improvements to each store.
Completes detailed itemized reports summarizing the condition of
all elements of the store, compiles an overall score for each store
and communicates results to the management staff.
- Performs monthly preventative maintenance tasks, assists stores
with reminders and resets.
- Calibrates various dispensing machines per schedule.
Reviews signage and promotional material.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- 2+ years of experience in a food service environment
- Strong PC skills including applied knowledge of the Microsoft
Office Suite Products
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Above average problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong work ethic
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Food Safety Manager Certification is a strong plus
- Valid Class D driver's license required
- Clean driving record required
- Ability to walk and stand on feet for long periods of time (up
to 8 hours per day)
- Reach over your head frequently and comfortably
- Lift, carry, pull or push up to 40 pounds on occasion
- Bend, kneel, squat or stand
- Work in a heated and/or freezer area
- Climb a ladder
Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act
(the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with
disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under
the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it
does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the
Company's Human Resources Representative if you need assistance
completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application
Click below to review information about our company's use of the
federal E-Verify program to check work eligibility:
Keywords: Circle K Stores, Inc., Tempe , Food QA Specialist, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!