Data Governance & Quality Analyst TERM1
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Data Governance & Quality Analyst TERM1
- Requisition # 10042310-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Date Posted 04/22/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
(MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by
S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we're 13,000
colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client,
organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values,
developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect.
It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and
diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and
agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by
asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and
be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Data Governance & Quality Analyst TERM
Support Data Governance policies and perform necessary functions
of project initiatives in support of the Office of the Chief Data
Officer (OCDO). This position requires good technical, business,
and analytical skills to assist in data quality monitoring &
measuring, root cause analysis, logical design, testing, reporting,
and requirement gathering. For the build-out of the Data Governance
Program, the incumbent will be required to help promote data
accountability, write technical data quality rules, monitor data
quality results through an executive Data Quality Scorecard. This
will require coordination and performance of data remediation
across the Americas, and coordinate, define and attain
certification on data Golden Sources and definitions (Metadata) and
ensure alignment with established controls starting with Key Data
Elements across Business Lines.
- Support the Data Quality Program, including the creation and
execution of DQ queries using Informatica IDQ and JIRA, management
of DQ exceptions, and support of a DQ Scorecard.
- Assist in growing the monitoring and measurement activities
across the Americas.
- Perform data profiling and review profiling results with
responsible business lines
- Analyze and build new DQ rules using Informatica, introducing
new features, coordinating software upgrades, and migrating
- Assist in the expansion of the data quality scorecard to
incorporate new items and improve efficiencies
- Analyze gaps and deficiencies within business areas by studying
current reporting and analytical practices
- Support data clean-up and reconciliation through root cause
analysis (RCA) and coordination of production changes. RCA will
require hands-on data analysis using SQL
- Implement and update data governance procedures, standards,
training documents, presentations, and Data Governance detail
- Assist Business Data Stewards and Business Process Owners to
achieve Data Quality & Monitoring goals
- Participate in testing activities at all levels to include
(test plans, test cases and test scripts).
- Build domain expertise.
- Identify gaps between current capabilities and new
- Assist the Chief Data Office with various department related
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in a financial services organization to
include Compliance, Data Governance, Data Warehousing, and
- Programming experience is nice to have.
- Proficient to advanced SQL skills required: querying, tuning,
- Strong knowledge of Relational Databases (Database
Administrator [DBA] experience a plus)
- Competent knowledge of data quality tools such as Informatica
- Experience with JIRA is a plus
- Hands-on support with semi-technical tools, i.e. Access,
- Able to oversee with both business and technology, ability to
understand the details and suggest standard methodology
- Knowledge of banking products
- Experience in Risk Management or understanding the concept
- Familiar with Data Governance and Data Quality control
- Data analysis and Root Cause Analysis
- Familiarity with key regulatory requirements that affect how
data is generated, manipulated, recorded and reported (SOX, BIS II
- Understanding of operations, technology, and SDLC
- Self-starter and independent learner
- Articulate, good verbal and written communication skills,
experience preparing and leading presentations
- Detail-oriented with superior time management abilities
- Experience in project work, analysis, and planning. Project
experience includes testing phases: System Integration (SIT) and
User Acceptance (UAT) and efficient partner communication
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and
skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds,
perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create
opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not
discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such
as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness
of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment
decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire
into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made.
Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have
been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain
Keywords: MUFG, Tempe , Data Governance & Quality Analyst TERM1, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!